• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have never ridden in a Pro Sport.
My dad bought a new Trophy 175 last year and it is a big boat! It can handle some serious water. A very dry boat and passengers are very well protected from the wind. I am not a "windshield" (I don't prefer a full windshield/walk thru) guy, but I have to admit these rigs are nice on big waters. The Trophy just plows through the big waves with ease. One thing I would recommend is buy air ride seats! Your back will thank you! I own the TPro and like it a lot. Smooth, dry and quiet ride with the 2XB hull. Just my $.02 on my experiences.

You'll have to decide which boat best fits your needs with the features, pro's and con's.

Husker, I run a Trophy 185 and fish a lot of big water, Rainy, Lac Seul, Millacs etc. The hull really handles the big stuff well. In reality though with the quality of boats today it's hard to go wrong if you stick with the top names. They all seem to have some distinct advantages over the other. Just a matter of what turns you on. The sad thing is tho, is the price of our toys seems to be going up with age! Good Luck!

I don't know anything about the Aluma Craft. I have a Lund Pro Sport 1700, new last year. If you are looking at a year 2002 model they upgraded the hull design this year to match their bigger boats such as the Fisherman. I used the Pro Sport on mostly big lakes (Mille Lacs, Leech, Kabetogama). It handled big waves really well. Only complaint is the gas tank is quite small (18 gal) for a long weekend. The new models have a larger tank I believe.

Need a little outside upbiased help. Looking at a Lund 1675 Pro Sport with a 115 Merc, trolling motor etc. and at a Aluma Craft Trophy 175 with a 125 Merc, trolling motor etc. Have my own pro's and con's about each. Interested in the opinion of owners of either or suggestions about similar boats of other makes. I do most of my boating on lakes, very little river use and if it were to be on a river it would be on the Mississippi. Thanks