• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I don't know how the rest of you feel about it but I am sick of fishing in a box!! (ice shack)
This warm weather has given me a bad
case of spring fever! It's driving my wife nuts. smile.gif

I have all my tackle boxes strewn in the living room as I prepare them for the upcoming open water season.

There are hooks to sharpen, baits to repair and line to change. I guess
next to being on the lake fishing, it may be my second favorite passtime.

The ice can't melt fast enough for me
this year. If we have an average ice out, I'll be fishing open water April
27th, but I think it will be sooner.

I'm counting the days, I can't wait!

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

Terry,
I sure hope you are right about the early ice out!!
I,m also getting tired of this hard water fishing.
See you on the water!
Cliff

smile.gif
I agree with ya both.
Can't come soon enuff for me.
I got cheated out of the last two months last season and only fished out of my little row boat.
frown.gif
I to have stuff all over the music room.
One table six feet long covered with everything, six boxes and Planos every place?
LOL
Homer loves it, Bonnie not so much, but she deals with it.
Been sitting in my boat the last couple of nights charging batterys and cleaning stuff up and messing with wireing!
OH ya!
I'll be good and ready!

Keep on rock'en!

Goofy T.

www.muskytomsguideservice.com

Sorry guys I just can't agree with ya.

I'm still waiting for the big blizzard so I can hop on my sled and go for a marathon ride, this has to be the whimpiest winter on the books and because of that I think the lake will open up sooner for you guys that have the open water itch.

New boats & equipment I would be itching all over too.

Last Christmas, I bought my folks a pair of shoeshoes to walk out on the lake. But the way this winter has been, they haven't had a chance to use them. I wanted to do some skiing on different trails. Not this lousy winter. I say forget it and get on with spring and hope for a better winter next year.

Spent an evening tying about 3 dozen 3' to 5' snells, some with spinners, some without. Next week I may make some crawler harnesses. Kind of a fun way to pass an evening while thinking about the lake. Lots to do to get ready for the opener. Unfortunately, thete is too much time before then.

Can't wait for April to get the boat back in the garage and tinker with it. More rod holders, battery charger, storage boxes...dang, I wish it was in the garage now. frown.gif

Rob

There must be something in the air. I'm just came in from the boat where I was fiddling with the batteries, looking in the compartments, contemplating a new tackle box, figuring that I should do a lure inventory and get things ready. Counting the days till opening.

Ken

I am gonna have to go with crash on this one.
I am still waiting to take the sled out for one more long ride this year. This is the least I have ever ridin it.

Ely lake expert

Ok guys. I hate to submit this info while its below zero outside, but here it goes. I grew up close to Vermillion, but now live just outside Duluth. I had my boat out on Superior on the 18th of Feb, trolling for Salmon/trout. It was great! I posted my info on the Duluth/BWCA page, in case any of you want to check it out. The time in the boat went way too fast, like it usually does the first time you're out at the beginning of the year.

Hey Guideman, how are ya. I've been on the URL forum as thats where I am most weekends. You know the story the fishin is best as far away from home as you can get. Me an goose bump have been havin fun with those slabs over there. We even fininshed 8th in the Ice Challenge a couple of weeks ago and I won the big crappie contest at the hotel we were staying at in Blackduck. I too am startin to yearn for the sound of that 150 when she starts up. I hope to be on the Rainy River the first couple weeks in April to try and trick some of those monsters that are gettin ready to lay some eggs. It's always a good way to take the edge off before we spend so much quality time on Big V. Goose bump says if I want to retire in 5 years I better start stayin closer to home and saving my money for that 21'r I want to retire with. Anyway, just thought I would say hello and look forward to tradin secrets for the summer.

Hey Guideman!!

Sharpen hooks you say??

All you need to do is buy a few packs of circle hooks and your good to go!! Just save a few 30 inchers for me will ya?

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

Root River Guide Service
(507) 346-7208
Spring Valley, Mn

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 03-01-2002).]

Hey W2,
Sounds like you have had a pretty good winter with the crappies, wish I could say the same.

Fishing was kinda lousey for most of the winter at least for walleye anyway.
I'm counting the days till ice out I can't take much more of hard water. frown.gif

I'm looking for a banner year for 2002
on the big "V". I just purchased three
new lowrance locators and a 65lb thrust
bowmount. I still have 32 rods to clean
and change line on but all that is what makes a new season so much fun. smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

Guideman, due to the low snow accumulation, do you think the lake level will be lower than normal? And if so, how do you think it will effect the opener?

I am hoping for a low spring lake level. This will be the first year in 8 that I don't fill my waders while puting in the dock...I hope! Wow, that's a sensation and tradition I can due without. blush.gif

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 03-03-2002).]