• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just got back from 5 days at the cabin,managed to fish 3 days.we were doin allright at mckinley till the weekend,then it got busy and the fishing slowed.fished around birch and cherry island would get a couple every time i went out.we started out with shiners and suckers but ended up doin the best with small jig/crappie minnow.stopped by and met cliff at his shack on one of my ventures,heck of a nice guy.got to see him miss one!lol.just kiddin cliff,no one misses more than me! of the 3 days only 2 perch,too early for them yet? ventured out north side of ely island to a reef no fish.there seems to be alot of structure out that way towards spider but no one fishing out there,why? well back to the grind,maybe get up next weekend. happy new year. dave

nice to meet you too,cliff.yeah im not giving up out there because i found some nice structure out there.i dont know why fish would not relate to it.maybe i didnt go deep enough i was only in 24 ft. dave

Dave,
I also fished the North side Of Ely Is. a couple of days. I got 3 one morn. in 38 feet of water,and one another morn. in 27 feet.
There was no sign of perch out deep either.
I think not many people venture North of Ely Is. because they don't trust the ice (only 8 or 9 inches where I was) and no houses there to show them where to fish.
Nice to meet you this week end.
Good Fishing.

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005