• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hi all,new to this forum,and new to lake vermilion so bear with me.this fall our dream came true we bought a cabin on vermilion.i always said if i buy a cabin i will fish the lake first.well i didnt,guess i just liked the beauty of the lake so much i forgot about the fishing.am looking forward to some ice fishing for walleyes and perch but have no clue as where to go.we are on pike bay.any luck with crappies in the winter? any good in pike bay,or down by cr 77 where the river comes in? any info would be appreciated. thanks

------------------

Hi d&b,
Welcome to lake Vermilion, I'm sure you
won't regret it...The fishing is great!
We have excellent walleye fishing and a world class muskie and smallmouth bass
fishery as well....Large pike and jumbo perch are also available year round in many areas.

Sunfish and crappie abound in some of the small bays and it's not rare to get crappie in the 2 lb range, and sunfish
in the 10 to 13" range.

I also live on Pike bay, down near the
houseboats. smile.gif Tip-ups can be effective for walleye and pike in the bay, with
the warm temps I would avoid the river.

Many of the locals fish the area just to the east of Pike bay, the best way to access it, is at McKinley park, in Sudan. There aren't to many roads that
you can travel but there are a few that go out into Big bay.

You can also drive out from Stuntz bay
around the east end of Ely island. The road goes all the way to Glenwood lodge
on the Mud Creek road. The best walleye
action is normally at sunup and sunset.
Small jigs or spoons, tipped with some
meat, will get the most action.

------------------

Ace guide service.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
1-218-753-2612

thanks for the info guideman! hope to see ya out there sometime neighbor. we are on manitou park road between whisky and duffy island. dave and brenda

Hi,
Welcome to Pike Bay and Lake Vermilion.
You could not have picked a better lake to buy a cabin on.
I also live on Pike Bay,on the Pike River below the dam.
Pike Bay will produce a few walleyes in front of your cabin with first ice.
Try to find a weed edge if you can and put out tip-ups baited with shiners.
Make sure you make as little noise as possible,as it is shallow there and the fish spook easily.
I usually put out the tip-ups and sit on shore to watch them.
Good Fishing !
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Hey D&B, I think I know what place you bought? My grandparents have a place on the same road. I lived there every summer while I was growing up. I now live in the twin cities but get up there quiet often. I bought my first boat this summer, and plan to spend a great deal of time up there in the future. Congrats on the new place, I envy anyone who has a place on the big V! Including my Grandparents.
So how far down the road are you? Is it the point? If it is I have some good news for you.

hey dtro,how ya doin. no we are not on the point, we're in a tiny bay.after the road takes a hard right we're about the sixth place down. harringtons old place.red and white cabin. the neighbor talks about the point tho. what point? and whats the good news.thanks talk to ya later. dave and brenda

I think you are very close to my grandparents. They have a brown cabin with a brown boathouse, in the same little bay.
Regarding the point, if you'd like to know email me!
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by dtro (edited 12-08-2001).]

dtro, brown cabin with brown boathouse? i think thats two doors down. is there horns mounted on the boathouse? e-mail is on its way! dave and brenda.

Great news!
Dreams DO come true!

Belated welcome to Dave and Brenda from me and my crew on Mallard Island.

I know the feeling of that first time owning a cabin.
Bonnie and I own the small Island in the Pike Bay narrows.
Fish all over in spring and fall.
My dream came true six years ago when I purchased the Island and cabin.
Could not touch it today with the way prices are on just the smalliest cabin, let alone my own 1.5 acres of Heaven.
Ace, Terry "Guideman" is a kick and really knows his stuff.
Have yet to meet Cliff, but have heard many, many good things about him.
Hope to meet him this summer.
Nothing but good can be in store for you on Pike Bay.
Really nice people, good fishing not far away and Mother Nature at her best.
Good luck and stop by the Island for a pop or something next time you go by.
Barney, Bailey and Homer will surely greet you dock side and lead you to the Grill!
LOL
wink.gif

Welcome!

T.

www.muskytomsguideservice.com

Dave

YES!

Sent a E-mail your way a minute ago.
I will help out any way I can!

Way cool.

T.

Hi Dave,
Tom is also a guide, he is one of the best muskie fishermen on Vermilion, but
I am much better looking.
I think Pike bay has the highest per capita of guides on the lake. smile.gif

------------------
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
[email protected]
aceguideservice.com
(218) 753-2612

Hey Tom, are you still interested in joining Muskie's Inc.? If you are let me know and I will mail you a membership form. Give me your address also. You can email it to me at: [email protected]

David Swenson

Hi ya Ace.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have the winning hand!
LOL
wink.gif
We guides and East end BB friends that meet on this board should hook up this summer and have a BBQ.
Could be fun and full of laughs.
Dave & Brenda could meet us all and judge for them selfs who is best looking!
LOL
Down side to that is, they may NOT want to stay on Pike Bay any longer after meeting us!
LOL

Here is to good friends, good fishing and good looking guides on Pike Bay.
Which I am very proud to say I am one.
smile.gif

Please be careful on that ice Big Guy.

Way better safe than sorry and we need you here and on the Lake this summer.
If not for your looks, but for your never ending smile, guidence and advice.

Peace to you all.

Wonderful Tom Wehler

Mallard Island
Pike Bay

sounds like we ended up in the right bay! the get together sounds like a real good idea. am looking forward to meeting you all.ace, havent seen your pic yet but brenda thinks tom is good looking,could be some competition! i dont care what you guys look like he who puts me on the best fish wins!talk to ya later. dave zz top allright!