• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello Everyone

Been watching the reports and the muskies just don't seem ready to commit yet? With this warmer weather that we've been having are they starting to get more aggressive yet? I live in wisconsin and we've been experencing the same thing here for the most part, caught 3 sub-legals and my friend got 1 last weekend. But mostly alot of follows and not many biters. I just e-mail 3 guides on vermillion and hopefully I'll be up there soon to check out those vermillion muskies. Good Luck to All this season. Doug C. CPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug,

Was out yesterday and the fish were really moving. Boated 2 in the mid thirties and one was lost in the low 40's. Also seen 2 fish in the upper 40's. Major cold front came in on Saturday night that could make fishing slow.

Look in the cabbage patches and throw small bucktails or spinnerbaits.

I am off to LOTW Tuesday so good luck fishing on Vermilion everyone.

David Swenson
http://muskieguide.homestead.com/

I'm not deliberately a muskie fisherman (how come you cheese-heads spell it musky with a "y" instead of with "ie", by the way?) but had one try to snatch away a 19" walleye off my line on Vermilion (Hibbing Point area) the early part of June (about the 12th or so).

Ripped the walleye's belly wide open, and tore up the dorsal area before it let go. My partner trying the net the walleye almost soiled his shorts when that muskie showed up with a LOT of teeth showing!

Hans

[This message has been edited by HansB (edited 07-01-2001).]

hey Dave thanks for the report, sounds like they might be starting to turn on (maybe). Hans nice to hear you had musky action and by the way I just spell musky how ever my index finger wants to spell and I'm not 100% sure what the correct spelling is. I think it is muskie but how ever I spell it people know what I'm thinking about. You know us cheeseheads we do things the easy way! Good luck fishing you guys. Doug C CPR!!!!!!!!!

Hi Doug, I have been having some success on the midlake humps in Big bay this week. I first noticed them
while walleye fishing, I had several
large toothy criters come to the surface in the evening.

The next night I had three follows and boated two fish in the high 30's. The bite should be going well by the time you get up here, see you soon!.... smile.gif

------------------

Ace guide service.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
1-218-753-2612

We spent most of last week searching for muskies and had a hard time finding them. It was also difficult casting and controlling the boat with the strong winds. We boated all over in Big Bay, Armstrong, and Stuntz. Finally Saturday between 9 AM and 10 AM produced 3 follows. They swam close enough to eye the bait and slowly swim off. One Muskie hung out 3 feet in front of the bow of my boat for about 1/2 a minute. I stood there not knowing what to do, cast or figure 8. It was facing away from me, so I casted. It swam off. But all 3 follows were in 4 to 6 feet of water near the buoys. Our neighbor caught a few around 6AM to 8 AM, and again from 7 PM to 10 PM. Seems that they possibly like the early mornings and late evenings.

It seems that the muskies finally have there feed bags on there pretty agressive right now
I have not caught any monsters yet, quite a few short fat ones 35"-44"

Hi all, went out fishing with Doug
today...Wow, we saw no less than 10
ski's today. Most were on the rocks,
but we also had follows in shallow
grass. We managed to hook into one
in the high 40's....she came out of the water and gave us quite a show.
Water temps are in the low to mid 70's and I expect this weekend to be
HOT!!!! smile.gif

------------------

Ace guide service.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
1-218-753-2612

Weekend was hot. A lot of fish moving in the rocks and weeds. Some big fish (upper 40's)showing but not biting (for me anyway). 42 incher was the biggest boated this weekend. Bucktails seemed to get the most interest.

David Swenson
http://muskieguide.homestead.com/

Muskie bite is good!! I had one guest who boated a 48". Had some other big follows. Boating fish in the upper 30's to lower 40's.

Hi All, I was able to boat two fish
yesterday, 35" and a nice 44", both
came off the rocks in Big bay.
I did have two follows in the grass,
both on bucks, very late in the day.

------------------

Ace guide service.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
1-218-753-2612

Hi All

Went out with Ace on the 12th, we seen 9 or 10 skis all of witch were big fish we didn't see any small ones. Great day on the water my father in-law did manage to hook into one nice sized fish don't think it was a 50"er but not far from it. Vermilion is an awsome musky lake, can't wait to get back. Thanks for the day on the water all those big fish are going to keep me awake at night for awhile smile.gif Doug CPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Doug, you guys were a blast,
I can't wait to see you again next year!...Say hi to Dick, and have a great summer!... smile.gif

------------------

Ace guide service.
[email protected]
www.aceguideservice.com
1-218-753-2612