• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Toad, can you give me a Bay Lake report?

Toad,
I saw in another post that said you know Bay Lake well. I am fishing on Bay next Wednesday and I was wondering if you could give me a report or some tips on the bass, northern, and walleye bite.
I and a few friends do a late summer, evening, catch/release fishing league and this is next week's stop on the tour.
I would prefer that you email me at [email protected] the competition may be watching.
Thanks.

Sorry krats, I'm not Toad but I'll shoot you some info. The lake is full of Milfoil. So a jigworm of some nature on the edge of the Foil is a very productive presentation. But of course you can toss a scumfrog or something as well over the tops. But the luck we've had has been fishing the edge with soft plastics. Good luck on your tournament.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

Sorry for the delay. Hope to have enough time this evening to pass you an email. JP's advice was right on the money, too.

I received your email Toad, now you have mail.

Thanks for the information from both of you.

Here is a report of how we did.
Out of 10 boats a total of 133 points were scored, I think. My partner and I scored only 5 bass for a total of 10 points.
The weather was cold an windy, that did not help us, it makes it really challenging to control the boat.
Next week we fish Horseshoe Lake north of Merrifield.
Hopefully we can score a few more there.

Keep your stick on the ice.

[This message has been edited by krats (edited 08-18-2004).]

toad can you give me any guidness on where to fish for walley Around St Paul area within 2-3 hrs. have never fished minn. and would like to give it a try. Aug 25-31 when i would be up there. also any rec. on lodges to stay at???

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm not Toad, but here are few few options. The time period you are here is full moon. The evening bite on Mille Lacs(about 1.5 hours) pulling crank baits over reefs and shoreline in 4-12 ft of water can be outstanding then. With the evening temps being pretty chilly as of late I'd guess that August full moon will be good this year.

Other lakes I'd also consider are Koronis near Paynesville(about 2 hrs); Gull and Round Lakes near Nisswa(about 2.5 hours); Lake Pepin near Lake City(about 1.25 hrs)and Alexander near Staples(about 2.5 hours). All these lakes have a fair number of guides that fish them as well if you would like to use one.

Good Luck!

Borch