• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 DAYS UNTIL WE HEAD UP YOUR WAY! ANY PARTICULAR PATTERNS OR PRESENTATIONS YOU COULD ENLIGHTEN ME WITH WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ANY SPECIES.THERE ARE 11 OF US COMING BUT ONLY ABOUT 4 OF US SERIOUSLY FISH.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP! MN HERE WE COME!

FISHIN ROD,

A few guidelines . . .

Walleyes - 18 to 30 feet of water, fish leeches and redtails along weededges. Try Dutchman's Bluff, Cinosam Bar and Center Bar. Also, troll #5 Shad Raps at night-- Cinosam, north Squaw Flats, etc.

Pike - Wilson and Steamboat Bays, Upper Gull and Margaret Lakes. Cast spinnerbait/minnow or jig/minnow combos.

Bass - Wilson Bay on boat docks and in bulrushes. Also hit the upper Gull lakes-- Upper Gull, Nisswa, Roy. Buzzbaits and Spinnerbaits in the pads and bulrushes, fish tight to the bank or near the inside edge of the weeeds.

Have a fun one! And let us know how you fare, ok?

-a friend called Toad

• 2 weeks later...

REPORT OF OUR OUTING.LOT'S OF PROBLEMS WITH MECHANICAL THINGS,MAINLY TRUCKS AND BOAT MOTORS. TERRIBLE HEAT WAVE.CAUGHT TONS OF HUGE GILLS,SOME SMALL BASS,NO PIKE,ONLY TWO WALLEYE.I DID LOSE ONE MONSTER WALLEYE,ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR BREAKFAST. GULL LAKE IS O.K., BUT IT WAS NOT HOW I PICTURED MINNESOTA AT ALL.NEXT TIME I'LL MAKE SURE THE LAKE ISN'T A HUGE TOURIST ATTRACTION. THE WALLEYES WE DID CATCH WE CAUGHT ON LINDY RIGGED CRAWLERS ON A-FRAME BAR RIGHT AT THE WEEDLINE 12-14'. WE ONLY GOT HITS WHILE DRIFTING.THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR ADVICE. I'M SURE I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. JUST NOT TO GULL. THANKS AGAIN.

Fishin Rod, Sorry to hear about all of your mechanical problems. Gull lake and the surrounding area can be busy at times. It can be really bad in the peak of the tourist season. You have to remember that not only are the out of state folk around, but the locals are on vacation too. Have fished other area lakes and have not found this to be a problem. There are some fantastic lakes within a half hours drive of Gull where you will not encounter near the traffic. Also there are many other areas of Northern Minnesota where the fishing is fantastic and you can be a little more secluded.

Paul