• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Elm Island Lake near Aitkin

I'm looking for information on Elm Island lake by Aitkin. Are the the fish bitting. I heard it is a good lake for panfish. Any info would be helpful. I will be fishing on Millelacs all next week and want to try some smaller lakes for panfish. Thanks.

Fisheatsleep,

Elm Island, huh? Interesting choice. Haven't been on that lake for probably about ten years (and then only icefishing, though we did get some nice bluegills and crappies).

More recently, I have fished Ripple and Hanging Kettle, which are also a part of the flowage connected by the Hanging Kettle River. Ripple usually has something interesting to offer-- walleyes, pike and nicer crappies. Good lakes that don't get much pressure. And I know Elm Island's always been sort of known for its big bluegills. Guess that's the extent of my experience on the lake. Might call the folks at the Farm Island Store-- they usually have a bit of info. Let me know how it goes out there.

-a friend called Toad