• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend Fishing Report

Despite the windy conditions Winnie produced many Perch, Northen and a few Walleye this weekend. Fish were located in 20-26 ft. of water. The Gold Scenic Tackle Angel Eye Spoon tipped with a minnow head produced very well this weekend. With the slow fall that this spoon is disigned for fish were picking this spoon up as it was falling to the bottom.

There is beginning to be a lot of snow on the lake and off road travel is becoming more difficult for some people. Winds of 35-40 mph was reported on Saturday which made things even more difficult. There are lots of places to get off the roads to fish and many portables were being used.

I would like to commend the staff at Judd's Resort who spent many hours on Saturday continually plowing roads and assisting fisherman. At one point I came out about 15 minutes after they had plowed and the wind was causing the roads to drift in right behind the plows. I feel that in the conditions they were working in they did an excellent job keeping the roads open for everyone to be able to reach their favorite fishing holes. By Sunday they had perfect roads again to both Snagg and to Moses bars. Excellent jobs guys.

I also had the privlege to meet a fellow Fishing MN. member who brought his son out for his son's first time ice fishing. Words could not really express the happiness that this child expressed as he described his weekend experience of ice fishing with his father. We now have another ice fisherman amongst us!!

Winnie is an excellent lake to bring a child for their first time out. The fishing action is normally fast and it is something they will often never forget. First time out with lots of action will result in a child hooked on fishing. What a great fishing partner you have just created.

Good luck.

Jeff Beckwith
http://fishingminnesota.com/scenic

[This message has been edited by Jeff Beckwith (edited 01-08-2001).]

I will be coming up to winnie with a group around the end of January. Is it likely that there will be roads plowed out to Center reef or to the rock piles. What might be the best strategy at that time.
Thanks Rick Murry

Rick I'm not sure on where Nodaks roads go he might be out to Center you can call them at 218-665-2226. We only go out to Snag & Moses Bars no need to go anywhere ealse. Jiggin spoons Chart or gold colors tipped with a fathead minnow will do the trick in 24' to 28'. Good luck.

------------------
captron

1/8/01 Windy and cold the last 2 days but action was still good. Snag Hole and Moses bars is still going great. Fish in 24' to 28' just off the brakes. The new fire-sticks from Northland IS HOT, rig so the glow will be on the glow part of the jiggen spoons lots of fish action.Walleye action is late day tell dark, Perch and Northern is going all day. Fire-eye minnow, forage minnow, and an angel eye tipped with a fathead minnow. Chart,firetiger or gold colors is the way to go.Mr Walleye crew is in and eating fresh perch tonight.With snow drifts on the lake 4 wheel drive for off the roads or snowmobiles is the only way to move. Most Resorts have plowed roads on the lake now and ask them where to go for Perch. [email protected]

------------------
captron