• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

10/2/00 Another open water season coming to a close.Our fall colors are beautiful and the fall bite is on.Watch for my late Nov reports for ice and fishing conditions. Over all we had a great year for Walleye catching even with the NEW slot limit.Elpout bar,north end of Long bar,Horseshoe bar is going.Fish them at 17' or as close to the drop as possible.Roach rig with a green hook tipped with a leech or crawler.Shallows just look for any point or inside weed line.The hot areas are big Stony,the north shore and the mouth of the Mississippi.Fish at 6' to 7' with a chart/lime o fire-tiger 1/8oz fireball tipped with a fathead minnow.Work the jig fast for best results,slow the jig down and the jumbo Perch will take [email protected]

------------------
captron

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen a report in a while. Is the fishing over or are they still catching fish on the lake? Looking for walleye, perch and northern information. If they are active, where and what are they bitting on? Looking to make a trip this weekend.

Sorry for the delay my wife was in Rochester for test at the hospital.Yes people have slowed down coming up fishing.Walleye and a lot of Perch are biting on Stony point,the Dougouts & the gap in Cutfoot.Fish in 6' to 7' with a 1/8pz fire-tiger fireball tipped with a fathead minnow.I fished the areas last Friday and did great on the Perch and 3 of us brought in 15 Walleye fishing for 5 hrs.

------------------
captron

I sure hope things are well with your wife. I haven't evr fished Winnie in the fall, I am sure I am missing something. Would it be worthwhile to try it out yet this year, and here is why I ask, I have a 16' Alumacraft Lunker V-16. Not a very deep boat, with a 25 horse. I am concerned with the weather as I would think changes happen much faster in the fall than any other time. I have fished Cutfoot and know that would be no problem, but I really like the big lake. What do you think?? Bring the boat, lots of cards, and coffee??? I appreciate your input.

------------------
SteveR

Hi Steve Still some action going up by the mouth of the river and in front of Sugar lake.With your boat and motor it might be best to go by CutFoot.The gap on the north side by the bull rushes and off any point on the east side of the lake is giving up Walleye.If no wind go out in the lake by the dougouts and fish in 6' to 7'.Best bet would be a 1/8oz jig and a fathead minnow.Good luck.

------------------
captron