• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"FALL-RUN" on the Red!

Just a quick update on what's been happening on the Red so far this fall.
With the increased flow my predictions for a strong showing of 'eyes is now being realized. For example last week from Monday thru Saturday one of my top guides produced a total of Fourteen trophy 'eyes between 28 to 33 inches! That's more than all my guys did last fall!
With the continued sunny weather coming our way, this week should be fantastic!

FISH HARD/GOLF HARD!

Lets see...10 hr drive, My license is still good...Hmmmmmmm. smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Stu,
I'm possibly looking at either running to the Red or the Rainy on the weekend of October 22, 23, 24. Is the bite usually good through then or would it pretty much be done at that time?

Thanks!
MJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Stu, How's fishing.. I have been trying to call ya but Im not getting through.??? Plus I tried to click on your web site link but it takes me somewhere else?

just my luck again lol...

Stu is off watching the Golf Pro's at Augusta and a few other big tournaments here stateside. A Golf vacation with the big boys.

Give Kellie a call at Cats in the evening, she should be able to tell you when he will be back from vacation.

He is pumped for ice fishing Greenbacks this season so he should be back by then for sure.

Not positive but I think it is the weekend of the 14th of May in 2005?

It usually is the second Saturday in May.

It may be listed on the MB provincial conservation web site?

Maybe Canuck knows for sure?

Eddy< I am not sure of the exact date BUT I will check and post ASAP.

I was on the water last Sat morning and tried to find U guys amid the floatila on the magic mile. I had only a couple hrs as I had to attend a funeral and I was off muzzle hunting on Sunday. It is too bad the greens didn't really co-operate, but that is fishing...

I found a Regs and on Page 2 it states

"the general opening of the 2005 angling season will be May 14 in the south and May 21 in the north"

Sooooooo I guess we have about 6 months to dream of that 40"er. It is too bad we can' really target those sumo under the ice. I know U ALL talk about catching them them down south but I don't know anybody who has done it up here YET that is. Maybe you will have to show me.

Thanks for looking that up Jim.

Ya Shanon dropped his hog last Saturday night, and it will bug him for a good long time. So lets be sure to ask him about it...a lot. LOL! grin.gif

Cats are not too hard to find under the ice...but getting them to feed...that is another deal. They can wait forever to feed...no big hurry...they are full of fat and hanging with the herd. I'll give you a call some time and we can chin-wag on the topic. Watching them under the ice is as much fun or more so then catching them. They act far differently then their perceived reputation under the ice.