• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Otter Tail River This Week End..

I'll be snoopin around the Otter Tail River this Sat for a little shad rap action. I haven't been up yet this year but I'm sure its still there. Gonna hit Orwell and the Breck areas. Anybody want to hook up let me know.

WET NETS! smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Dark,

I'd love to join you, but I've got a b-day party and a little bow hunting to take care this weekend.
I'll warn you- I was in this area this past weekend and it was tough sleddin'. Tons of water and it's really cookin' and dirty too. It should be settled down a bit by this weekend. Be sure and give a report when you get back.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

I was fishing some of this stuff on Sunday afternoon/evening. It was tough sleddin' as far as water flow goes. Fish seemed to cooperate okay where I was. (Not great fishing, but decent.)

I would like to hook up with you as well, Dark, but the only hope may be Saturday late afternoon or maybe Sunday afternoon.

Scoot, you be sure to give me a call next time you go down there.

MJ

Well, I'll just have to make the best of it. I see the water is coming down fast at Orwell. Theres always the Pomme De Terre too..small but full of feisty sunnies and crappies. I know one thing, I can't spend too much time at the in-laws in Fergus smile.gif

------------------

D 30,
When are you planning on fishing? It looks like I might try to get out around 3 or 4:00. Are you going to be right in Fergus for the weekend?

If you would like to hook up, email me at mjordahl at arvig dot net. (Fix my address first.)

High water and cold temps....G I can't wait!

Talk to you tomorrow Mike.

------------------

Well, that was fun! The river level was real good and that evening bite was fantastic! It was a pleasure to meet you and your son Mike! I'll give you a buzz next time I'm up that way looking for an escape smile.gif

------------------

Kevin,
The pleasure was all ours. It was a good evening bite, especially where you were. I'm looking forward to a float trip down the river. Maybe next summer we'll have to do it.

Do let me know when you are coming back up.

MJ

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'd have joined your fellers if it weren't for some family stuff that needed attending to. Topwater? Tubes? Cranks? All of the above?

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

I was using a silver and black 2" shad rap at first. I got tired of messing with the trebles and went to a 1/8 oz jig and mister twister...color didn't matter. Way too much fun! I only wish I had got into more walleyes and channels...only got one of each.

A float trip would be an excellent adventure! I've been wanting to do that for a few years now. Next year depending on water levels we should go for it.

------------------

Dark30...lots of good fish'n between Orwell and Whap/Breck ...lots. A very good fall float trip. wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

I was using big tube jigs and curly tail power bait. I did catch a few on a Rattlin' Frenzy crank.

MJ

I believe it Ed! Like I said, I would love to take a little float downstream from Orwell. Next year for sure...I think I'm gonna start looking at kayaks!

------------------