• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on dis here and I know ya'll have missed me!! I've been busy getting a different boat, and havent been able to go fishing for about a month now! "THAT'S WAY TOOOOO LONG!!"
Any hoo, I think I'm gonna take my new, used boat out on da water this Sunday, whats the latest report on the river? How are the Kitties biting & Are Frogs still the bait of choice?

I also wanted to know if anyone knows anything about Sturgeon on the Rainy?

Is there a good time in the fall to fish for Sturgeon? If so, When? Thanks

GOOD LUCK FISHING...............

------------------
CatMan

Fishing has been very good still on spots around Drayton and 175, we got some very nice Cats over the long weekend. Frogs have been the ticket for me for 2 weeks or so, though Saturday we got some dandies on the cutbatis too.

Late September on thru October is a good timeframe for Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy, when this Catfish bite slows I'll be there!

Regards....fiskyknut

Sounds good! Thanks for the update on the Red River and for the info on Sturgeon.

Now all I gotta do is catch em'.

------------------
CatMan

Hey everyone, I'm new to the area and need to fill my addiction of fishing while in college. I'm a long time metro ************ fisherman, and Ottertail walleye fisherman, so i would offer trades in information for some info on the red river. I'm a Catch and release guy so you don't have to worry about a meat hound.

Questions: I've never fished for catfish before, so I'm wondering what a typical setup is for them. I brought my heavy bass rod with power pro, and my 6'6 lindy riggin rod with mono up with me. Will either do?

It sound like walleyes will start bitin anyday now, but are there any other species worth going after? Like Smallmouth? From my little experience fishing the rivers, I know that dams, inlets, wingdams, and turns are good places to start, but is it different for the catfish?

Any info would be appriciated smile.gif

Thank You, Nick