• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

shefland

Hi Canuck, will be up there for 4 days starting the 13th of Sept, can hardly wait! We set the bar for us anyway so high last September, whatever happens it will be fun for sure. 6 guys, 2 newcomers, one my son, one guy from the Florida Keys. Maybe we will bring up some sunfish for another fish fry? Your wife missed out last time. Can't seem to get a handle on any of those Berkely Rods you have, if you ever find any collecting dust in anybodys store up there let me know, they are very fine. See ya on the river, Dave

Canuck

Looking forward to seeing U in Sept. I am not sure if I am guiding those dates or not. I should have been out archery elk hunting but my shoulder and arm wont let me draw the bow.

The kitties are on goldeye and suckers but I am going to give the frogs a real try on Wednesday. By the 13th the tulibuees should be the better bait but I will keep U up to date.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      How is it going today 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Carp30, Vermilion is starting into the fall transition period now that the water is cooling down. The bite can be either great or tough during this period. Yesterday we caught walleyes as deep as 44' and as shallow as 10'! Location and time of day is the key! We caught walleyes deep using short snell Lindy rigs,( 2 ft.), with minnows, The shallow walleyes hit best on the same rigs using 1/2 crawler. Sand and rock mix or transitions are the key areas right now. Necked down areas that have deep water and adjacent sand flats are almost always good now. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      If  my memory serves me correctly , yes you can . I believe that we were able to safely walk a 16ft boat through the short stretch of current . When we did this it was warm part of summer and we were in shorts and just had a pair of tennis shoes on when we walked the boat up stream which was about a 30 yard or so pull .Now if you would attempt this during colder weather like now , I’m sure a pair of knee length rubber boots would be sufficient . Very beautiful clear water with awesome scenery . Walleye , Smallmouth , and Lakers . 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Has anyone fished North Lake before? Lakefinder says there’s a navigable waterway there via Gunflint Lake. However, the map shows rapids in between Little Gunflint and Little North, with a short portage. Just wondering if I could get a boat in there. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      I’ll be the odd man out...saganaga.
    • ANYFISH2
      Have got out 3 evenings so far.  Seeing deer only one of those evenings.  4 deer Monday evening with a fawn buck and a small 1 and half old buck coming within range.   Woods and fields are changing fast.
    • pikeandchester
      Good opener on the water in the Mankato area. 3 wood ducks and 2 geese. Little guy’s first opener, we left at 10:00 and he wanted to stay longer than I did! 
    • curt quesnell
      Easy fast fishing these days. Check out the latest from NCOR Guide Service.   https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2232660840142436&id=770784022996799
    • monstermoose78
      As many of the other dog owners told me the third hunting season is when it comes together for lots of dogs. Finn did much better today and he got to watch a veteran dog again. I am excited to keep getting finn out hunting 
    • monstermoose78
      We got two ducks. We should had more but it was fun shooting. I need to keep my face on my stock. I had pass on many birds as another group moved in on top of us. I had 5 woodies locked up and I drew a bead and I saw the other guys faces. No shot as i would killed them or wounded them. They knew we there but did not seem to care.