• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

UNDcatfisher

Are there any places to access the Red Lake river for wading between GF and crookston?

Ed Carlson

Most any of the tribs are good to fair wading, or at least shore walking.

The big deal with the Red River basin rivers is the loom and silt, tough wading. It is more like quicksand or unset cement, tough going.

Bank walking is about as good as you get once you leave the headwaters region.

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

Wiskers

Well the best for fishing that sort is between Crookston and Fisher..

The river is very low now and good for that. From Fisher to EGF is much deeper.

A lot of good sandbars and rappid water near Crookston now.. Even the RP has a tough time here now.. Its white Knuckle rides here.. LOL.. .

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Scoot

Yep, that's my ol' stompin' grounds right in there. Fisher is where I grew up (not that I ever really grew up).
I have to admit, with that name, I'm struggling to help you out. Go Bison!

If you want to do some snooping, there's lots of great spots to discover. Wiskers is definitely right- the Fisher to EGF stretch of that run is deeper than the Fisher to Crox part. Lots of good shore fishing though in both stretches.
Keep in mind that the rules and regs of ND don't apply to MN. If it's not posted, you still can't go there if it's attached to ag land (which everything is over there.) If you want to fish, start rapping on people's doors. I'd strongly advise you to not try going on land without permission- tons of people who will get crabby with you very quickly. Too many problems with *****s hunting on their land without permission in the past for most.
Good luck! If you really want some super detailed information, I'll gladly help you out if you promise to purchase some season tickets for Bison athletics!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

One other thing, if you'd like to hugely increase the learning curve, hire Wiskers for a day or even a half day. He's snooping around those waters every day and knows them well. He'd save you a ton of time and effort and teach you a lot in the process.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 08-16-2004).]