• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Most any of the tribs are good to fair wading, or at least shore walking.

The big deal with the Red River basin rivers is the loom and silt, tough wading. It is more like quicksand or unset cement, tough going.

Bank walking is about as good as you get once you leave the headwaters region.

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

Well the best for fishing that sort is between Crookston and Fisher..

The river is very low now and good for that. From Fisher to EGF is much deeper.

A lot of good sandbars and rappid water near Crookston now.. Even the RP has a tough time here now.. Its white Knuckle rides here.. LOL.. .

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Yep, that's my ol' stompin' grounds right in there. Fisher is where I grew up (not that I ever really grew up).
I have to admit, with that name, I'm struggling to help you out. Go Bison!

If you want to do some snooping, there's lots of great spots to discover. Wiskers is definitely right- the Fisher to EGF stretch of that run is deeper than the Fisher to Crox part. Lots of good shore fishing though in both stretches.
Keep in mind that the rules and regs of ND don't apply to MN. If it's not posted, you still can't go there if it's attached to ag land (which everything is over there.) If you want to fish, start rapping on people's doors. I'd strongly advise you to not try going on land without permission- tons of people who will get crabby with you very quickly. Too many problems with *****s hunting on their land without permission in the past for most.
Good luck! If you really want some super detailed information, I'll gladly help you out if you promise to purchase some season tickets for Bison athletics!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

One other thing, if you'd like to hugely increase the learning curve, hire Wiskers for a day or even a half day. He's snooping around those waters every day and knows them well. He'd save you a ton of time and effort and teach you a lot in the process.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 08-16-2004).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rivergroup
      Heading up to LV a week from today with the kids. Any advice for us? Staying on the West side but open to traveling if the weather permits.   The way the last few weeks have gone, might stay for good!!!
    • leech~~
      Do have Wi-Fi in your house. Your going to need that to work with any of the cameras that send a signal and video to your phone.  Hardwire is the best but battery power workers well for about two months then you have to pull them and recharge them.  It is nice to sit on a beach in Key West and keep an eye on your house when gone! 👌
    • smurfy
      SO.......you dont think the BEWARE OF WIFE sign is sufficient???? 😂😄   seriously.......i'm no help!!!!
    • Dash 1
      With all the craziness in the world I’m looking at getting an outdoor security camera setup for my home. Anyone have ideas on what works well without a huge cost  and easy to do . Or is it better to go with a company to set it up.  We have recently had copper thefts in the area at farmers fields and bin sites and I know it will only gat worse as these things always do. I probably want something that hooks up to my phone as well and wondering if there is a good one with either battery life or if wired is better. Any thoughts are welcome. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Aren't they the ones that ran into problems about illegal bait? Anyone know how that turned out?
    • chaffmj
      You launch on Moose Lake to get to the motorized portage. It's called Prairie portage. To get to the portage you put in at Moose Lake. From Moose you go into Newfound Lake. From Newfound you go into Sucker Lake. On Sucker is where Prairie portage is. There is a dock on the American side and on the Canadian side there is big sign welcoming you to Canada. Latourell's Resort runs the portage and the cost for the portage is $40 for a round trip.
    • mulefarm
      Will that blond haired kid have that cool little orange boat in the show this weekend? Saw him driving around by Muskego Point a few times this summer.
    • smurfy
      Hey  stranger!!👌
    • delcecchi
      Nope, there are parts of Basswood that allow motors.   Entry is from Fall Lake, and there is (I think) a motorized portage.   It is really popular in the spring...
    • smurfy
      had that happen last year on a lake. doing pretty good with sunfish till momma 2 youngins showed up........we moved!!!!🥴 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.