• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just thought id start a thread to see everyones pics..

here are a few that i have, nothing really to brag about, but the largest i have caught.
1st 1 is a test.
47b4d635b3127cceb40195211dd00000001610

ok, 1st 1 worked. here is a few more.

47b4d635b3127cceb401a5bf1d560000001610

a buddy of mine and his girlfriend, 1st cat she has ever caught. just under 9lbs.
47b4d635b3127cceb401a5a69c7f0000001610

people have told me there are NO flats on the red, but to me this doesnt look like a channel.
47b4d635b3127cceb401b7b61d560000001610

these next 2 are form fathers day, another skeptical channel.
47b4d635b3127cceb401b5831d620000001610

47b4d635b3127cceb401b43d5d440000001610

hopefully 1 day i can get one that makes those look small but imma hafta give eddy a call for that. lol.

good fishing all, and lets see some of your pics.

Almost forgot the BIGGEST cat i have caught.
47b4d635b3127cceb401b7341dd40000001610

just an fyi, All of these fish posted above still swim in the red.

Great pic's and very nice fish too, but all are most definitely channel catfish.

Because I am a $$^-%^^ KNOW-IT-ALL...here we go Eh. wink.gif

The first big tip-off they are true Channel Catfish, is the Forked Tail.
channel.gif
Channel catfish of any size or dimension will still have a distinctive
Fork Shape to it's tail. As long as the tail is intact and not damaged that is.
flathead.gif
Flatheads in contrast have a distinctive Box shaped tail.

The second strong indication they are channel cats is on a Channel Cat the anal fin is much longer then that of a Flathead, having some curve through out its entire length.

On a Flathead the Anal Fin would terminate rather abruptly, again somewhat boxed in shape in comparison to a Channel Catfish. You can also count the rays of the anal fin to be 100% sure of the species. I do not remember the exact number off rays for each species right off hand, but there are far more on a channel then a Flathead. Dark30 and Dennis are likely to know the number right off the top of their heads, me....I forget. wink.gif

Blue cats and Channels are more often misidentified as one or another. Even by long time cat fisherman, they get them mixed up. MANY a Southern angler SWEARS that our Sumo Channels are Blues...becaus...Well Channel cats just don't get dar darn big! If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one Eh! But they do, and they do strongly resemble a Blue at the Sumo stage if you do not look for the tell tail ID factors.

Any...Hoooo...Great fish and some awesome pics, thanks for sharing them. Love them piggy pics...Yup-Yup!

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

Here is a real beauty.. Close to one of my biggest Channels so far..

Copy%20of%20Lockport%2005-15-04%20(14).J

Here is a Flatty.. Med sized one.
piggy%20flathead5.JPG

Good side veiw of Flatty.. see the monster under bite.
My%20first%20flathead3.JPG

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 08-15-2004).]

Beaverlakeman nice Fish! Was wondering what the cat in your fourth pic weighed took the wife out to the river tonight she is 5'2" and she caught a 3-4 pound cat and said she did not think she could ever pull in a 10 pounder well about a half hour later she pulled in a huge cat the biggest i have ever seen pulled out of the river and its way bigger than the walleye I have on the wall so I think its somewhere between 10-15 pounds she caught in on a fathead so it was a little surprise but anyway it was maybe pretty close to that pic if not a little bigger.

if i remember right, it was 11.7 i think.
most of those are 10 pounds or bigger but 1 i think.

O.K. So how do I post a picture?
Can someone help me out?

confused.gif

------------------
CatMan

Rusty, Just wondering how big is that channel cat in your picture, and I'm guessing that picture was taken at Lockport?

------------------
CatMan

• 2 weeks later...

That one was 30+ #.

Caught it right off the end of Stu's dock.. along with about 15 other cats..

You have to have your pic on the net somewhere first.. then right click on the pic, get the properties, copy, then paste them in here and add.. to the front and at the end of the html. and walla you got it..

This is my biggest so far around 30lbs. Caught it one week after Cats Incredible.

I give up I can't figure this picture thing out.
album_pic.php?pic_id=144

[This message has been edited by ibwhnt (edited 08-26-2004).]

Kent,

E-mail it to me- I'll put it up for you.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Kent (ibwhnt) and Kolby with some sweet cats!

f745623e.jpg

f7456245.jpg

f7456236.jpg

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 08-26-2004).]

TEST...
O.K. I'll try again.

[This message has been edited by CatManLee (edited 08-26-2004).]

TEST AGAIN?

Pictures%2FRedneck%20fishing.jpg

Wooooo Man was that tough to figure out!
Thanks rusty. Now if I can do it again I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by CatManLee (edited 08-26-2004).]

Nice cats, Kent. Been out lately? Could be a great fall.

MJ

[This message has been edited by MJCatfish (edited 08-26-2004).]

Kent,

The pics were there for a while. That means that the problem isn't with posting them, it's with the storage of the pics on another website. When that website gets their **** together, the pics will reappear. I might have to try another image storer because mine is notoriously flaky.

------------------
Scoot

Thanks Scoot, let me know if you need the pictures again.

MJ haven't been out for awhile but its been kindof slow but I'm sure its going to be picking up with the water raising and the frogs out. There going to have to put on alot of weight before winter and the way this year is going thats not to far off. Going out this weekend so I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

After a whole lot of trying, prodding, and pestering, my dad finally got my mom to come catfishing with him. She's pretty dang proud of the cats she wrestled in so I figured I'd better post them.

Mom with a nice one.
47b4d735b3127cceb6dcc00fd0110000001610

Dad with a piggy.
47b4d735b3127cceb6dcdd34118c0000001610

Mom and Merwin with two cats that my mom caught.
47b4d735b3127cceb6dcc0d1d0cf0000001610

Doesn't look like any fun at all, does it? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
Scoot

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 09-14-2004).]

That is awesome. Did she make reservations for next year already? It would have been a hoot watching her bust those pigs. I remember watching her play about a 40 lb sturgeon for a good 1/2 hr many years ago. She's quite an angler.

MJ

Very nice, Like MJ said would have been fun being up there. Man I was just thinking If all are crew went up at the same time we would have one very large group, maybe 40 to 50. Now that would be a trip