• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Ufatz

If a guy was going to run over to the Ottertail R. to catch a catfish dinner, what area would be likely to have a fish or two and what would be the best bait/method to dredge one up.
I'm open to ideas.

MJCatfish

Any where from Orwell Dam downriver should have a few cats. Try to catch a mooneye or goldeye, frogs,or suckers for bait. Cut into about a thumb-size chunk and use the traditional oversized lindy rig on the bottom. I'd use about a 1/O hook. Should be able to scare up a couple of cats I'd guess. I've caught them right at Orwell before.

MJ

Ed Carlson

Due to the very clear water there it is often a night bite deal.

Try frogs this time of year, they are usually there in numbers. Try off the secondary control structure, the one that looks like a bridge with no road on top.

Cork'n set 1-3' floated down under the dam can be a hot bet for cats too, again at night.

Very soon Walleye on cranks should be going there below the dam at night. Try tiny shad raps in Gold/Blk, blue/wht, or crayfish. Rattle Raps work well too.

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

Ufatz

Okay.Thanks. Maybe I'll wander over that way and give it a try. Soon as this winter storm passes through!! More like bluebills and canvas back weather out there today! HA!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      I would love to test these out. But until Hunting season is over I may be a bit tied up.  😟
    • EXTREME SARAH
      I take pictures, print them and pin them to the wall with the date and where. 
    • EXTREME SARAH
      Launching a new line of utility ropes (paracord, diamond braid and MFD) and looking to get feedback on them. You get the the product for free in exchange for a review. It's simple; private message me what item you would like to try and where you would like it shipped to. Once you get it please assess the product and leave a review of that specific part number on Amazon or Wal-mart. I am looking for 20  people to test them out. A few samples below. I look forward to hearing from you. 
    • EXTREME SARAH
      Launching a new line of utility ropes (paracord, diamond braid and MFD) and looking to get feedback on them. You get the the product for free in exchange for a review. It's simple; private message me what item you would like to try and where you would like it shipped to. Once you get it please assess the product and leave a review of that specific part number on Amazon or Wal-mart. I am looking for 20  people to test them out. A few samples below. I look forward to hearing from you. 
    • smurfy
      i just talked to a co worker that lives like 8-9 miles north of deer river.............and he hears alot. he hasnt heard BOO about the hill!!!!!
    • Bass Thumb
      Thanks for the share. Hoping to make it up Tues and Weds.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I know most of the bays have a couple inches of ice and guys are ice fishing. I would doubt the main lake is locked up but there could be some ice to deal with. Better off packing the boat away instead no huge warm up in site. 
    • cookie129
    • Jarrid Houston
      For sure Randy! Always nice to see you..  
    • eyeguy 54
      I have done 4 with these. 3 for me and 1 for son in law. will be doing his from this year also with one. I ordered some skull hangers online that I hope work nice.  They support it at an angle so the head sits up and rack looks nicer than when hanging down when the skulls are flat on the wall. Will do a pic when I get them up. Getting hard to find room in the mancave. LOL I have done about a dozen using the boiling method. Deer hunting sure is fun.