• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi ya'll...Well the Dryton Tournament came and went. I didn't do as well as I had hoped this year, but I'll be back next year. My buddy and I ended up with 6th place bringing in a fish just under 15lbs. The top weight was 22lbs (wow) that's a nice fish! Other weights that followed were pretty close together, so all-in-all it was a pretty good day on the water for most. If you haven't fished the drayton tournament, you should give it a go next year. It's a cheap tournament to enter and lots of fun. The thing I like the best is they now pay down a few places, two years ago when I fished it, I placed 6th and didn't win anything, so it was nice to atleast get my money back this year.

Rusty, I did see you at the Drayton Tournament. Was this your first year at that tournament? How did you do? Also, who was fishing in the other river pro, I believe he was the lucky man to take home 1st place?

Guess I'll see you at Cats Incredible (if your fishing it this year). Good luck!!

If I see you there I'll introduce myself this time...

------------------
CatMan

Yeppers I was there.. My first time there above the dam.. It was hard fishing.. I did not even boat a fish.. sigh sigh.. My buddy in the RP was Steve Corkrin, he owns Valley fun source where we sell the RPs. What a lucky dog he was.. I taught him every thing he knows ... LOL... I should have not taught him so well I see.. LOL LOL...

I did fish the Cats Incredible....
As for river details... Wow is our river down.. . Even the RP can no longer run the river.. only cause I cant get it off the trailer... The big sand bar below the dam is now huge.. real good fishing off that now.. Small boats for pulling over the dike is a good option now..

Fish on..

Oh by the way Wiskers and Tamer Group won 14th place in Cats Incredible Catfishing tournament and second place for biggest fish.. woooooooooohooooooooo....

With out the RP we could not have gotten to the good spots or beat every one there to snach the first good spots.........The bait tamers kept our bait alive all weekend so we had fresh bait all weekend..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Way to go! I had a tough time this year at Cats Inc. After day one we had 5 fish at 28lbs, good enough for 21st place. The second day was horrible for us. We only boated 2 fish all day for a total of 10lbs, wich dropped us all the way to 70th place. A limit on day two would have helped alot! Oh well what can you do, but wait for next year to come around.

Again congratulations on your good finish.

By the way what was your top bait for the tournament this year? Our's was frogs. We caught our 13lber on frogs and every other fish as well. We did catch one small one we let go on Saturday on a Sucker minnow head.

------------------
CatMan