• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Catmendo

Just looking for a little info regarding water levels on the Red south of the border.
How much has she risen due too the rain in the FM region or for that matter in GF etc?

Fish Hard!

Ed Carlson

Stu I am watching it now. We should see a big rise soon...we got Boo-Koo rain the past few days on the basin. My yard is a swamp Eh.

Check this site to monitor the levels.

www.crh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?fgf&fgon8

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]

><,sUMo,>

ibwhnt

Stu, Water levels ten miles south of Grand Forks have went up 8 ft. I'm guessing that Fri or Sat it will be in Grand Forks. If we get anymore rain you might see more water. I'm guessing that eight feet here won't mean much by the time it gets to the wide red up there. I know that water in Fargo takes seven days to reach Grand Forks. So I'm guessing its about the same from Grand Forks to Selkirk. Hope I helped you out.

CatManLee

I made a trip to Cabela's this morning and the river looked a bit high, but not to bad! I don't know if it'll rise more or not. if it doesn't rise anymore, I wouldn't think the water levels would be a problem.
However, thats JUST MY thoughts on it?

Good Luck Fishing....

------------------
CatMan

Catmendo

Appreciate the info guys!
I'm trying to get a handle on when to put my docks back in! I'd hate to put them in and next week or so pull them AGAIN! That really gets "old" if you know what I mean.
If the river rises it's liable to takes its toll on the Cats Incredible Tourney, hope that won't be the case.

Thanks again!

Fish Hard!

Ed Carlson

What does the flow and the levels look like up on your end Stu?

No significant rains here recently so the Central Red has leveled off to a bit higher then average summer levels.

I am stocking gear for next week and was wondering how much lead to tote, and cork'n do-Dads. Are you sitting preat on lead yet?

Just received a interesting package from friend over in MN. Some bait scent sprays that you and Canuck just might find usefully. Canucks favorite flavor is there, and a few more interesting ones too. I'll bring a selection up for you to check out.

Thanks Stu,

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]

Scoot

Ed,

Have a great trip up North. Be sure and give me a report when you get back. My bro and cousin are up now and my dad's going to be up in a few days with a crew from LOW. I'd suspect that you'll find plenty of critters willing to cooperate.
If you see my dad (you may have to recognize him by the fishing rods in his boat- you haven't met him yet have you?) be sure and say hello.
Have fun!

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Wiskers

Well the Red and Red Lake are realy dropping fast.. over the weekend it dropped over a foot here.. The Red Lake is almost a crick now.. The Red in GF is starting to get very low, some sand bars showing up below the dam down river too... Better start saving water Stu...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Ed Carlson

Thanks Scoot!

I'll be hitting the road here shortly. I will keep an eye out for you Pop and the crew.

Who are the other guys up there now, what do they drive so I can look for them? Maybe I can raid their hopper stash if they have any left when they leave. LOL!

Drop me a call Scoot on my cell number. 701-640-9986.

Things to do yet so I better get a Hop'n Eh.

I'll fill you in when I return.

Ed

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]