• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lil' Fisherman's Derby and Clinic & more....

Fargo/Moorhead Red River Events of interest.

The "Lil' Fisherman's Derby and Clinic" is at Dike East/Midtown Dam on Monday, June 28 from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.

This event is free for kids and their families. Youth learn the basics of fishing, try land a big one, win prizes, receive a free t-shirt & bait, and enjoy a free hotdog and Coca-cola product while supplies last.

Volunteers are needed to help teach educational stations and help the youth fish. Please contact Christine by responding to his email or calling 701-235-2895 if you are interested in helping. No prior fishing experience is necessary.

This event is sponsored by the Fargo Park District, River Keepers, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, North Dakota Game and Fish, Coca-Cola, Cargill, and Scheels All Sports.

Race the Red canoe/kayak races are also on Monday, June 28.

The Competitive 10-mile race begins at 5:30 p.m. and the Fun Race begins at 7 p.m. Both races begin at Lindenwood Park and end at Dike East/Midtown Dam.

Entry fee is $15/solo and $25/team if pre-registered by Friday, June 25 at 5 p.m. Registrations will be taken the day of the race, but there is a late fee.

Need a canoe or kayak? River Keepers will have a limited number to use for $15. Awards are at 2 p.m. Volunteers are needed to help time the races, help racers in and out of their canoes/kayaks, and transport racers back to their vehicles. Please contact Christine if you need more info or if you are interested in helping 701-235-2895. This event is sponsored by River Keepers, the Red Bear Grill and Tavern and Scheels All Sports.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-640-2796
><,sUMo,>

Ed, That sounds like a great time, but unfortunatly I live in Thief River Falls and work evenings. If I could be there I would, I am a strong believer that fishing is great sport for kids to get into. I hope you find enough people to help and have a good turn out for the event.

------------------
CatMan