• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

beaverlakeman

I was wondering if there are or if anyone knows if there are trout in the wild rice bend river that runs through hitterdahl area?
Looks like a very good trout habitat river from passing by, but would like to know if there is trout before i make the drive out there..

thanks

Scoot

It does look like trout waters, doesn't it?!? However, I don't think they are in there. I'm not positive, but I don't think so. I do know that that stretch of river isn't fished much at all and would be great for some really fun exploring.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

beaverlakeman

yes it would.

I might have to wander over that way sometime and give it a whirl.

Paul Rohweller

Years and I do mean years ago(1940)there was browners in the buffalo between hawley and lake park, I seriously doubt if any exist anymore. I never catch any small ones in my minnow seine. I think you guys are thinking about the wild rice around ulen, I live in hitterdal. It sure looks like it does have possibilies but ag runoff wiped out trout possibilitys ages ago, if there were they were never restocked. Best to go to bad medicine, blue or bass lake in maplewood state park to get your orange meat fix.... Happy hunting!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie