• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fishnut2

Fished with my eight year old daughter and a friend at the dam in Crookston. Fished the left side of the dam as Wiskers had a guided trip on the right. Fished 5-8 feet of water and had a great time. Boated over 40 fish in 2 1/2 hours. Like Wiskers said earlier, lots of small ones but enough decent sized fish to bring home for the pan. As always fished chicken liver but we are always looking for eating sized fish. Caught three that went 4 pounds.

Wiskers, that was me on the other side of the dam. Very nice River Pro. Hope the clients appreciated the day.

lanl1965

is ther a public access at the crookston dam?i've never been up that way b-4.

Wiskers

Oh was that you in that small boat across from us.??? Cool.. I seen you boating fish... We were watching that small girl in the boat pulling like there was no tomarrow on a few LOL...

It was real good fishing.. if you dont mind 2-4#ers.. It kept us busy..Was realy hoping for a fatty or two though..

Lan.....

there is a landing out on the bypass but you have to have a small boat to get up there over the shallow water and rock dams or just carry it over the dike. Timmer has a 14' with a 15 hp on it and made it just fine for now until the water drops even more..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 06-20-2004).]

Canuck

Rusty: You will have have to speak to your partner and Rod and his lady friend. I THINK they had fun except for a few kitties doing damage to their equipment. But that can be expected when U play with the big boys. I am sure they won't rub it it toooooo much.

Scoot

I fished below the dam yesterday with my nephew and sister for a while. We had a hoot! Lots of goldeyes, catfish, smallies, walleye, and rock bass-- perfect for my nephew. He caught his first smallmouth and thought it was pretty cool. Used crawlwers and a jig or slip rig and had plenty of action. My sister was sure to inform us that she managed to catch the most fish. And Cody, my nephew, was also sure to point out that he caught the biggest. They both were sure to mention that I caught the least. Of course, I pointed out that I guided them to all of the fish for the day! grin.gif

Rusty, I had my eyes open for a riverpro while we were there, but you were no where to be seen. I woulda flagged you down so I could finally meet you if I'd seen you. It'll have to be next time.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Wiskers

Scoot... I was out all day sunday. I was up in the dam till about 11:00, then went down river and spend the rest of the day till 7:30 way down river hunting for Eyes.

Had Clients out till 1:00 then it was the family till the weather started to look bad. Too bad I missed ya.. Next time.

We found an awesome sandbar that had only about 3 inches of water over it for about 200 feet.. We set up and took some vids of the RP going over it like it wasn't even there with the kids standing in it up to their ankles. No matter how many times I do that I am still just amaized it can do that... It's just something you have to see for your self I guess...

Canuck...

He called me yesterday.. had to rub it in a bit.. LOL... He is now heading out to get some heavy rods and reels.. and some good TuffLine for the Reels.. He was saying they only got about 40 fish..Guess I spoiled him on opener.. LOL... Of course they had a great time anyhow.. What other time could you have up there.. Jamie and I got signed up for that Selkirk tourney also...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 06-22-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 06-22-2004).]

Scoot

Wiskers, I figured you were somewhere on the water. I'd have liked to meet you. Oh well, it'll happen soon enough I'm sure.

I bet I know the exact sandbar you're talking about. I remember on year, the river was so low that it was only about six feet wide in that section- the rest was just sand. Not too far from there there's a deep hole, right?

Did you find any fish?

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods