• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just returned from my first "fix" on Catfish for the year, Outstanding! this is our sixth year going for the Kitties at this premier river system, it never ceases to amaze me, thats what I like about river systems is the constant change that goes on and the challange of figuring things out. This trip we were faced with high water, and a very fast flow, all curtains up! debris on the move, so keep your eyes open if you go. It took us awhile to figure some things out and once we did the cats cooperated, about a 100 of them between 2 boats, most of them "sumos" Suckers worked the best for us.Its always a learning experience for us here.
Saw Canuck and Rob, local guides just hammer the fish, these guys are good.
I can hardly wait till the next trip, this is catfishing at its finest! As usual accomodations at Stu"s "Cats on the Red" work for us just fine, Stu, didn't get a chance to shoot the breeze this time, next time!

Shefland: Real sorry we didn't get to chat when U were up. PLEASE next time U are coming up let me know and hopefully we can BS on shore etc.

That goes for anybody else on this board that is coming up to Lockport. I would love to meet UALL in person.

Glad U got on to those kitties. It takes a little to scope out their haunts and as U say they are always changing with the weather and river flow etc. I really liked your partners boat.

Hey Shef....sorry we never got the opportunity to " chew the fat", running a camp can be demanding at times. On your next trip we should plan a barbeque up on our new deck or if you know where to get your your hands on a mess of "gills" I'll be glad to share my favorite batter recipe.
Glad you enjoyed your trip! This old river and the catfish that call her home have been entertaining the masses for many generations. These days, the greatest pleasure I get is talking to those that truly appreciate this resource.....I never get tired of listening to those disrcibing their interpretation of their experiences and battles with Ol'whiskers!

See you next time!

Fish Hard!

Stu, gills it will be, always looking for a panfish recipe, my tastebuds tell me sunfish are the best!