• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hows it going everyone? I am a new user to this site, and I think its pretty useful. Just a quick question, I had a pretty good spring fishing in the Fargo, Moorhead area for Cats. I had been using a lot of frogs and caught lots of big cats this spring on them. Lately it seemed that they have totally slowed down. Any suggestions from anyone?? Should I change bait? Are the big cats in this area yet?? Any comments will be great.

Welcome! With the high water, I'd suspect things have tapered off a tad bit on this end. I'd think they'd get going again very soon though. Another thought is for you to give other bait options a shot. I prefer cutbait during prespawn and frogs post spawn. Give cut goldeye or stinkbait a shot. Also, focus your hunting in the couple miles below the area dams. Snag piles and inside/outside bends seem to be the best. The best side of the bend seems to depend upon the day. Also, if all else fails, try spots where river grass hangs into the water.
I'd start with the cutbait though.

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods