• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Scoot or anybody,
Will the Red Lake River be fishable by this weekend? I understand it's pretty high right now. Will be home for a graduation Friday and would like to spend some time on the water Saturday.

MJ

Don't know, haven't been home since we got this rain. Some areas to the East got lots and some got much less, so I'm not sure. Call my pops and see what he's got to say. Wiskers will also probably see this post pretty soon and give you the scoop too. Wiskers???

MJ, you definitely out for the trip this mid-July?

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

I am thinking it will be ok very soon.. As long as you can stay down in the current.. or find back water..

They have to eat too... the water is going down pretty good now..

I am gonna do some test fishing this week too and will let you know on here..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Very spotty- 3" here, no rain there. I'd bring my stuff and call my pops if you get a chance. I'd appreciate it and so would he.

------------------
Scoot

Thanks SGE,
I will give your pa a call and bring my stuff. I need to talk to him anyway to borrow his rod case for our trip to Florida in a couple of weeks. What are you doing this weekend?

MJ

Not sure yet. I had hoped to fish a little, but not sure if it'll come together or not. If my pops isn't going to come back here this weekend, I might run up there and see what's shakin'. If I do, I'll be giving you a shout.

------------------
Scoot

Talked to your pa. Thought for a second we were going to be able to swing a quick trip to Selkirk. Just not the weekend to do it, I guess.

Anyway, I'll be looking for some places to fish. I think I'll call Kent or H Cat to see what's up.

MJ

Well. . . We got but a couple of sprinkles here in Ottertail County yesterday, but I heard it was rumbling and dripping pretty good. How much did rain did you get last night and how did it affect the river?

Should I bring my catfishing stuff and try to fish the Red Lake River, or would it be a lost cause?

Thanks,
MJ