• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished the Red here in town last night. I was in lumber near a deeper hole a ways below a dam. Marked plenty of fish and caught some goldeye and one 4 lb. walleye.
The ice was butter-soft so be extremely careful if you're going to go out and give it a shot. I can't believe how crappy the ice got after two warm days. A few days of normal Feb. weather would firm it up good, but it was approaching dangerous.

Wiskers, any reports from your neck of the woods? How's the ice?

------------------
Scoot

So I got dat goin’ for me… which is nice.

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 02-20-2004).]

I fished below a dam in town and managed to scrape up three slough sharks. All were 2-3 lbs and were caught on cranks.

------------------
Scoot

The ice is getting pretty soft here also.. wont be long... got fingers crossed...

With this rain that will only make it even more dangerous.. No fish is worth a life, wait for open water and take a boat from her on out fellas... Im thinking of taking a long cord and running a nipco out to the river to help it open up... LOL LOL ...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

We fished the north dam on Sat. Got one good hit on jig and plastic by the dam no other bites. Worked cranks along the shore and vertical jigged the rocks.
We did not fish real hard it was just nice to fish again!
Be REAL careful walking along the shore on the MN side the snow makes it hard to see the rocks and it would be real easy to mash up a leg or hurt a knee there.
Saw some other guys fishing cranks by the dam also did not see them catch anything but they were still fishing when we left.
Probaby will wait until the rocks are clear and we can see where we are walking should not be to long its supposed to warm up again next weekend so hopefully this melt will continue.
Quick question is it still possible to fish the Wild Rice dam? I asked Ed last year because it was posted and he said that you could walk down there. Since then somebody put up new no trespass signs just wondering if the owner of the land still lets people go there I know a lot of people fish there.
Again thanks for the posts I'm guessing we will get better reports as it continues to warm up.
Jason

Yup, the fishing will pick up as it warms and thaws.
As for the Wild Rice, the owners usually give permission. However, I wouldn't consider going down there without permission. The owners are very nice and generous, but have been treated poorly by a number of people who have abuse the opportunity to fish down there- parties, littering, driving down right past the no trespassing signs. Definitely get permission before you go down there.

------------------
Scoot