• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you think the river's low now...

My dad listened to Ed Shultz's (the former conservative, former Republican, former non-sell out) program a while ago and an NDSU grad was on talking about his dissertation work. While working on his PhD, this fella wrote a sort of "history of the Red River" manuscript. Sounded interesting! While we think the river's really low right now, he said that in the decade of the 1940's, the Red had no flow for approximately 1000 days. These weren't consecutive days, but spread out across that decade. No flow- imagine what that did to the fishery for the years to follow that. I'd imagine a mess of fish died due to low oxygen and low forage during that decade.

I'll probably ruffle some tailfeathers with that first sentence, but disregard that- that's just my bias and loud mouth. Hard to believe the river was that low for that long- hope it doesn't ever happen again in our lifetime.
Scoot

Scoot -

I know this may belong on the political board, but I've noticed Ed's political bent has switched sides too.

What happened? Just curious.

Don't know. My guess is that he didn't see a nitche for himself as a conservative talk show host- too many of them around already. So, being an opportunist, he jumped ship in hopes of becoming big. He may have been successful too as he recently inked a national program.
However, this doesn't say anything positive to me about his character and integrity.
Just my opinion.
Scoot

Thanks Scoot -

I used to listen to Ed quite a bit, but I am down in the cities during the week most of the time. I tuned into him a few weeks ago when I was home, and I wondered if it was the same guy, LOL.