• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Am looking for a new rod and reel for a christmas present. Does anyone recomend anything out there? Want a rod that would be about a panfish rod/light walleye rod. Has anyone tried those new ones that vibrate on there own? Please any help would be welcomed.

Nothing that wiggles, vibrates, glows, is remote control operated, or sings...but for a very good solid ice-rod/reel combo for about $40, I recommend you look at the Frabill SenSive Rod/Reel combos.
sensiverodcombo.jpg

I really like the Frabill 3000 SUB-ZERO Reel. I load them with 8/1 Power Pro and they work excellent in the nastiest of cool.
sensivereel.jpg

I have several combo's of different styles from panfish to walleye/pike rods, they really are sweet.

High grade components on the rod and the blanks are quality, and a reel built to take -0 and then some. Well worth a look.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 12-12-2003).]