• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Powerstroke

Is this where I ask about Lake Traverse?

Powerstroke

My grandmother just moved out to her retirement place on Lake Traverse. We've fished 'eyes and pike on this lake with great success, but never through the ice.

Any info would be great.

Try the very South end in the shallows with some tip-ups and sucker minnows. I have had good luck there at first ice.

Near Carlson Island is good too at first ice. Try the North end. If anyone is out you should see the piles from recent fishing. Flashy jigs like a Kastmaster in Glow Green, Gold, or Pink/Silver and White will be a good place to start in that area. Tip them with minnows. Maybe a grab a glow perch Jigging Rap too?

Good luck!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Fishin' Man

Heard they are nailing the crappies out there. Kid was bragging at school yesterday that the crappies were bigger then the bottom of the pail. Never been out there before but he said the crappies are biting and the walleyes are starting but slow.