• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished the South Dam last night for 1.5 hours. Not much happening- I caught the grand slam of Red River bass- a whitey, rocky, and smallie. I met another fisherman (Tom) who was having pretty similar luck. He caught about a 2 lb. slough shark and I think a couple of goldeyes (it my memory serves me correctly). Not much happening.
Scoot

What is a slough shark ? I'm going to the north dam today to check it out hopefully something smile.gif

scotty B

I have heard Northern Pike called a lot of things (some i cant even print here) but never a slough shark!
It goes to show you can always learn something new on FM.
But dont call my one of favorite fish to catch names!! wink.gif

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Try Too Fish (edited 09-26-2003).]

Fished the Red Lake River at the dam in Crookston and we pulled in 10 keeper cats for three of us. Fishing was slow and when the sun went away so did the fish. People on shore all came and went without a fish.

With decent weather you'll be back at it in no time at all, Ed. Also, you'll get some scouting info on this board if some of us rookies can get out and will share info with you.
If you're interested, I've got some more venison again. I've got pepper sticks coming out of my ears and you're welcome to some. I shot a muley with my bow three weeks ago and the meat is done already- quite tasty too!
Scoot

I may take you up on that Scoot. You take aim at some tasty critters Eh.

Get this, my fridge dies on me last night or sometime this weekend anyway. So I had to poop can a bunch of stuff. I had melted chocolate ice cream all over thawed meat.......not cool. So I get to eat out of a cooler for a while tell it gets replaced. I called the landlord and he appears to not be in any big hurry to replace it, but I will keep him on speed dial tell he does. grin.gif

I have my monster industrial freezer in the shop that has plenty of room. So I have storage yet if I need it, both in the fridge part and the main freezer..lots of room. Fishhead and the crew seen it, I think I may have enough room there huh guys. LOL!

I finally found the master controls for it. Now I have it dialed in just right to keep bait in the live well on top, crawlers in the fridge, and cuts frozen if I need be.

You need to see that Sumo Freezer Scoot. It has two taps on it, with a in-line chiller system. If I still slopped down the brew, man I could live in the garage. grin.gif Might have you guys test it next season at the Frog Hop and see if it chills a keg well?

I have a very strong hunch I will be relocating come spring. So the Frog Hop may be hopping along somewhere else in 2004. Time will tell on that, details are foggy yet?

Hey them hoppers on jigs are doing well for the Kitty's. Same spots I brought you to last fall right about now. Shallow mud flats on the head and tail, just like before. wink.gif

Catch ya Scoot.

------------------
Ed Carlson

Fished the South dam last night for an hour and it was dead. I'm assuming that the fish should start moving in anytime yet. Ed, you still want to hit the Goose with me and possibly Scoot, we should try to hit it sometime soon.

Fisherdog