• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

alwaysfishin

I've been fishing by the Kidder Dam in Wap and have been catching a few nice northerns, smallmouth bass, and walleyes 15" or smaller but it's really hit and miss and most catches are pure luck (aren't they all), but I was wondering what kind of structure these fish will hold to with the river this low and where they'd be with respect to the dam. Thanks, I'm in desperate need to impress my friends with a HOT spot!!
alwaysfishin

First off, worry less about impressing your friends and worry about impressing the fish.

Your in a good area so refine your presentation to fit the conditions.

Think fall, think hungry fish, think what is there to eat.....then apply it all to a working presentation for the conditions.

Snoop through the Red River Forum archive and you should get some good ideas that will pan out for you.

Good hunting and be sure to practice Selective Harvest!

Ed

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
get_file.html?mid=176

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-17-2003).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      shhhhhhhhh
    • monstermoose78
      The impulse mayflies are awesome as well!
    • monstermoose78
      I need to hit Linwood up as that is a lake I fished so much with my grandpa. Used to get lots of keeper gills and nice crappies and big pike out of there.
    • monstermoose78
      Lakes around Princeton are froze over or close. Lori lake had the most open water and lots of ducks. Silver lake capped over and stanchfield south and north mist froze over. 
    • ozzie
      I saw enough ice on smaller lakes in the Crosslake area to know they are getting closer and colder to icing over!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the main basin... For those fishing the lake, fishing has been good.  Most bays and harbors locked up with ice this past week, which has put a halt to the open water fishing.  At last report, there are good numbers of walleyes and saugers staged in traditional early ice locations across Pine Island and the entire south shore.  With fish location, numbers and fall success, LOW is primed for good early ice fishing. On the Rainy River... The Rainy River is still loaded with walleyes.  Some anglers made it out this week but single digits locked up any water not moving and it is pretty much done.  Anglers that got out had big numbers of walleyes to reward them, similar to previous week.  Up at the NW Angle... Ice is formed in back bays, harbors, on the angle inlet, from Young's Bay to Flag Island and across most of Flag Island flats.  Larger stretches of water or current areas still open.  Ice fishing will be here soon, but not yet.  Stay on staked resort ice trails when ice fishing begins.  Safety first.  
    • monstermoose78
      I am a maki mino guy the 1 inch ones for gills and crappies. The xl mino is great for big crappies perch and eyes. I have used many of the maki plastics but I tend to have the best luck with white with red flakes mino. The poli was good as well. 
    • expl
      I bought the inferno with yellow guide wraps last year for a walleye rod.Good rod,good feel however after a month and a half of using it the top guide developed a cut in it from the line(I use 6lb suffix mono only).I emailed tucr they said bring it in and we will see what we can do.I wanted to see if they could put a different tip on it but they said they wouldnt do that and they gave me another inferno of the same model.I used it for the last month of the season and guess what? The top guide has a cut in it again.I realize these are a cheaper rod than their top of the line however I have other rods I have used for many years and payed much less for that have no cuts/slices in any of the guides.Seemed like they were trying to upsell me to a better rod with better guides.Why would i spend 55$ on a cheaper rod to find out its junk then give them double that for what they say is a better rod.They have nice rods but they lost my business 55$ for a rod that didnt last a season isnt going to get me on their bandwagon.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Congrats! That doe is a trophy! Very nice deer and sounds like a great hunt. Cool to be able to be able to track deer on camera and then connect with them later on. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I ended up picking the scheels blue hard sided case up during the ice fest. On sale for $49.99 so figured that seemed fair. Really debated the otter or the one I got. The deciding factor was really the size difference and the price. Scheels case is a bit smaller outside dimensions and holds the same amount of rods and for half the price is just seemed right. The scheels case also has locking latches which I thought was kinda neat. Obvisoly nothing will beat the otter on quality or durability but time will tell. Right now I have 8 combos in there ranging from a 23” tickle stick, 2 dead sticks, 3 other panfish setups and 28” TUCR inferno UL and 30” M. It seems to hold all these well and things don’t seem to shift around much if at all. It definetly was a VERY tough call but will see how I feel in the spring and how this case holds up.