• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9/11/03 trip to lockport

Well, my friend john and I just got back from Cats on the Red. The piggys had the feedbag on. We fished hard but we caught about 1000lbs of fish in 2 days. the biggest was 24lbs and the smallest was in the low teens.
61741-small%20size%20matt%20and%20cat.JP
What a great trip.
The water temps were in the mid to low 60s. We caught fish below the dam and in the first 3 miles of river.
I am already anxious for next season.

[This message has been edited by a sumo piggy.] wink.gif Nice fish!

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-15-2003).]

Great Report, I am off to Lockport and Cats on the Red tomorow, third trip of the year, have to get my fill until next year. Hope to test out my new halibut net, one new rod, what a great place, what worked best for you? We are bringing frogs, and shrimp, last year at this time tullibies worked the best. How low was the water?

The water was low but it was still easy to navigate. I found the fish up close to the dam some, and along the channel edges further down stream. We did not fish any further than 3 miles from the dam.

Tullibee was available at Stu's but I seined suckers and froze them before the trip. I had great luck on the suckers. I think your frogs will work great.

Good Luck.

Well we are heading up to Stu's also, leaving on Tues morning planning on fishing tues-wed..
Now is the time to go... Maybe we will hook up shefland.

Hows the shark bite Ed? Ya know rumor has it that Canadian waters have great healing powers... Perhaps you should give it a go EH?

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota RIver Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 09-15-2003).]

Have a good trip Rusty, sorry I missed your call, I was out goose hunting. I knew you called me last week at work, but I was busy and had LOW on my mind for the weekend. I didn't realize you were going today. Take pics! Are you taking Tim? Leave'm up there. Later, and have fun.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Mu Owwie is healing up pretty darn well, must be them horse pills? The deal is I have to stay near home for a while yet, other job commitments. I have 3 balls in the air right now and looking away would be a bad deal Eh.

I will not likely get back North until mid October now by the looks of things. Maybe a bit sooner if the weather is fair?

Go get um, catch a few for me while your at it too.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"
701-281-2300
[email protected]