• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fiskyknut

Good question, I've not seen a detailed map of the river, might be something out there though. I print out zoomed in satellite images from MS terraserver and put the details on these printed images myself.

Fisky

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 08-19-2003).]

fiskyknut

With the fairly low water on the Red at this time, it's a good time to scrutinize the areas that we fish when the water is up. I've spent 4 days the past week on the Red, besides the fishing I've been taking digital pics, making sketches, and marking details on maps {terraserver images} of sections of river and shoreline streches I fish when the water is up. I have done this in years past when the water is low, and a guy can make lot's of neat discovery's as to what's exactly down there when the waters up, and why particular species are in these areas. In the past week I have found alot of places to try fishing when the waters back at a more normal level, and come fall if the waters back up, alot of spots that should hold Walleyes that I have motored past seasons prior. Way cool to see some of these spots high and dry, and the make up of the substrate, some old stump fields, Mussel bars, sand/gravel bars, ect. Definetly adds some perspective as to why fish are in these areas at certain times. Did a 2 day overnite trip from Drayton up to the 175 access end of last week and found/marked/detailed alot of fishy looking spots to try in the future..... Also found 3 anchors, 4 old junked out rods and reels, and a beatup canoe stuck in the mud! I also picked up about 3 pounds of weights of all types near the Drayton dam in a half hour while waiting on folks to show up before departing.

Take advantage of the low water by taking pics and notes, making sketches, and what not for future reference. As volatile as the Red is the water could be up 5+ feet next time!

Regards....Fisky

Timdogg

Where do you get a decent map of the river?

Wiskers

Awesome idea. works good with print outs of terra server maps.

How was the river level up there. I am heading up there today. Have not been there all summer. What landing did you use and was it ok?

Hope to hook up with some fattys.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota RIver Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442