• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fisherdog19

I have access to fish the Goose river in Hillsboro where enters the Red River. I was wondering if anyone knows if this area holds any good numbers of eyes in the spring and fall. I know it holds cats but have only caught 1 eye there. Thanks for the input.

Fisherdog

The Goose is a very interesting river, prime fall feeding grounds for walleye, and cats.

It would be a good one to spend some time exploring for sure!

Lots of cattails and pockets, prime sumo walleye water in the fall.
wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-19-2003).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jgrimmz
      I had a good opener, also with ten. We should have taken a lot more, but shooting, jitters, and other factors prevented it (as usual). For us, Sunday was really slow, but still managed to bag a few. 
    • Parmer
      That's a good idea thanks. 
    • fish_time
      We love it when we catch a muskie, but it can be such a grind!   
    • mbeyer
      Just got back from five days on the lake. We were fishing for walleye in the end fun with limits already taken. We are on an island and the dock bite was very good. Slip bobbers with either rainbows or chubs. Also, walking the island and casting tubes was also productive for larger walleye. Off the point of the island, under dock, near rocks. I guess that means we caught most of our fish shallow. Wind was our friend, to a point. Didn't like some of the gusts but wind blown shore and points were key. Follow the wind.   Smallmouth were not shallow. We did work some shoreline but did not find those fish up shallow. We did run into some smallmouth on the points, etc deeper while fishing for walleye.
    • gimruis
      I had a good opener.  Two friends and I got 10 ducks and with some better shooting we could probably had 12 or 13.  It was significantly better than the last two openers and certainly better than I expected.  We had nice mixed bag of wood ducks, mallards, teal, and even got a shoveler.  It was very comfortable out there too.  Was nice not to sit there and roast away in my chest waders this time.
    • leech~~
      If that is a new 2018 rig I would call the MFG and see what they think?  If you have a warranty on it, that may invalidate it? 
    • sheephead2
      We have been up since Saturday and all we got are small walleyes.  Very windy today.  Hope wind goes down  
    • pikeandchester
      Quite a bit slower today. Only saw 2 teal between yesterday and today, which  really surprised me and most of the wood ducks seemed to have moved on. Didn’t stick around long enough for the geese. Hope everyone had a great weekend and good luck!
    • monstermoose78
      How is it going today 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Carp30, Vermilion is starting into the fall transition period now that the water is cooling down. The bite can be either great or tough during this period. Yesterday we caught walleyes as deep as 44' and as shallow as 10'! Location and time of day is the key! We caught walleyes deep using short snell Lindy rigs,( 2 ft.), with minnows, The shallow walleyes hit best on the same rigs using 1/2 crawler. Sand and rock mix or transitions are the key areas right now. Necked down areas that have deep water and adjacent sand flats are almost always good now. Cliff