• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

shefland

Say Ed, a while back you talked about a homeade anchor that a friend of yours makes that works great in rivers. We use homeade ones also when I go to Lockport, but am always interested in something possibly better? Any info on that one? thanks

Canuck

Shefland: I know I am not Eddy but what we made for the river is we took a piece of solid round iron 1 1/2" to 2" about 12" to 18" long then welded two flat irons that stuck out 9" on either side. Each flat iron is cut to a rough point and then we a slightly upward bend each 9" tang.. On the othe end we put a piece of chain about a foot then our rope. I live at Lockport and have NEVER had a problem hooking up no matter the current. If I ever hook up solid all I do is tie short to the front eyelid and drive the boat forward, the flat iron will bend and up pops the anchor.

Yes we designed a hi-bread of several anchor designs that will stick ya where you want to be.

It is a bit like the one Canuck mentioned but with a knock-off system. We have yet to loose one.

Just be sure your rope will take the stress.
Right Fishhead? wink.gif

The SUMO Anchor weighs in at #35. I highly recommend a 1/2 cotton rope, good rope, not cheap nylon junk. It is far easier on the hands and helps to pop things loose.

If you wish I can give you the email address of my friend (Big "Cork'n Sucks" Shanon B). He fabricates these Sumo Anchors and the price is very reasonable.

Here it is.
[email protected]
701-845-2594.

Drop him an email or call if your interested. Calling in the evening is best to catch him.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 07-10-2003).]