• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

shefland

Say Ed, a while back you talked about a homeade anchor that a friend of yours makes that works great in rivers. We use homeade ones also when I go to Lockport, but am always interested in something possibly better? Any info on that one? thanks

Canuck

Shefland: I know I am not Eddy but what we made for the river is we took a piece of solid round iron 1 1/2" to 2" about 12" to 18" long then welded two flat irons that stuck out 9" on either side. Each flat iron is cut to a rough point and then we a slightly upward bend each 9" tang.. On the othe end we put a piece of chain about a foot then our rope. I live at Lockport and have NEVER had a problem hooking up no matter the current. If I ever hook up solid all I do is tie short to the front eyelid and drive the boat forward, the flat iron will bend and up pops the anchor.

Yes we designed a hi-bread of several anchor designs that will stick ya where you want to be.

It is a bit like the one Canuck mentioned but with a knock-off system. We have yet to loose one.

Just be sure your rope will take the stress.
Right Fishhead? wink.gif

The SUMO Anchor weighs in at #35. I highly recommend a 1/2 cotton rope, good rope, not cheap nylon junk. It is far easier on the hands and helps to pop things loose.

If you wish I can give you the email address of my friend (Big "Cork'n Sucks" Shanon B). He fabricates these Sumo Anchors and the price is very reasonable.

Here it is.
[email protected]
701-845-2594.

Drop him an email or call if your interested. Calling in the evening is best to catch him.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 07-10-2003).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      I remember the picture you are talking about, but I think it was last year some time and I just don't think I could wad through all of Duff's politic fall out to find it!  😵   One of my buddies put up those adhesive backed thin cork-board squires on two of his cabin walls. Pretty fun idea of his family growing up at the cabin.  With fishing, hunting pictures mixed in.
    • leech~~
      Looks like their still running the small motel. Hope they rebuild it was a pretty nice place when they remodeled a few years ago.
    • Raven77
      Head-O-Lakes and Wakemup were pretty much ice free this past weekend.  Spring Bay has ice as it's really protected.  Some ice in Richie but the west wind on Monday pushed it all to the east end.
    • Wanderer
      Sounds like cost/benefit analysis is underway...
    • Wanderer
      I tried finding the pic @Duffman posted of the board he put together for his basement/bar I think it was but no dice.  Too much for me sift through.  It was pretty cool though and maybe in line with the OP’s idea.   @leech~~, got some time and mad search skills to dig that one up?
    • SkunkedAgain
      How is the ice build-up coming along? I can't wait until Head-O-Lakes and Wakemup freeze so that I can get to my place across the ice. I'm hoping for another low-slush year.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Jim Zupancich, who works out of the flagship store in Ely, said the Zup’s in Cook has been in business for more than 20 years. He added: “We do OK there. It’s a living. We’ll get back on our feet.”   Jim didn't give much of an endorsement but I understand the economics. One of the early articles had the store manager saying that they would rebuild. A later article quoted one of the Zupancich's saying that they would assess the possibility of rebuilding. I think that we all hope that they will rebuild, and hopefully they had good insurance to make it an easy choice.
    • smurfy
      As of mid July nothing was going on there. I drove in there, think I parked in the bar!
    • Wanderer
      Picked up a new supply of pretreated cleaning patches and some Blackhorn loading tubes tonight at Shooting Sports.   I’m just dabbling with getting things ready but the more I do, the more motivated I get to go.  Too bad you’re so wrapped up in hockey this time of year that you can’t really get into it now!  Good to spend time with the kids but ignoring the call is tough.
    • Raven77
      Drove by there this morning.  Definitely a sad deal for owners, employees and people in the community.  I also feel for the deer hunters who lost the deer there being processed.  We are hopeful that they will rebuild.