• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

By buddy had his boat and motor ripped off yesterday from the middle section of the Red here in Fargo. My guess is that it may have actually been stolen over the weekend and not noticed until yesterday. His boat is a small 14 footer aluminum boat with no false floor in it. His motor is a 9.9 white Chrysler. He's afraid someone took it at night and found out the hard way that he had pulled the plug on it and now it may be at the bottom of the Red. However, it may also be pulled up in someone's lawn in the middle section of the river in town (I actually found a stolen boat this way back home). I'm going to have to go out to the Detroit Lakes area to get my boat so I can bring it back here to do some sluething for it.
If anyone has any info or sees anything fishy, please give me a call (476-1850) or an e-mail: [email protected]
Thanks,
Scoot

Is that the between the Mid-Town Dam and the South Dam Scoot?

Could it have drifted off? How does he know it was ripped off?

I have seen many a boat wondering free on the Red because they beaver munched the rope, or it was not tethered well.

Yup, it was just downstream from the South Dam.
I asked him the same question- he insisted that he had pulled it up well above where the water level is at (it was completely out of the water with the plug pulled). He also said he had his anchor stuck in the ground and tied to a big log- the log's still there and there's no rope or anchor. I figured the same as you, but he insists that it would have taken a person to move it from where it was. So... keep your eyes open.
Scoot

Funny, I hear about both beavers and "The Northern" together quite a bit, but never quite like you used them, Ed. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh..Well, Ya!

Dem Dar Beavers can hop on in my boot any day Eh! I am a "Beaver Friendly" type guy, don't ja-know.

I'll keep one hand on my "Tiller" just to be sure they don't wonder off with my boot too, too far, yup-yup.

grin.gif

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 06-27-2003).]

That Sucks!

Have your friend see if it will be covered under his home owners insurance? It may be, worth checking? Or it may be covered under the landowners if it is not his place where it was ripped off from?

Something like that, check the pawn shops quickly. I bet the bum's may have dumped it? OR they seen it often and they may not be smart enough to keep it off that chunk of River too?

I will watch out for it Scoot.

We found the boat- idiots who swiped it drove it about a mile upstream and dumped it. Being the great people they are, they stole the motor and the seats and pulled the plug on the boat trying to sink it (I assume this is why there was no plug in it).
Please keep your eyes open for a mid-80's 9.9 Chrysler outboard motor along with add on seats.
Sometimes people do stuff to really make me think that people really suck! Crap like this really makes me lose faith in mankind. I'll try not let one bad apple spoil the bunch, eh?
Scoot

Scoot, have you called the pawn shops yet. I bet thats where it might show up. Ask the police to check it out or do it yourself and you might get lucky. Good luck