• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just looking for a little info on Orwell dam area. Anyone fished there recently, any results good bad or otherwise?? I plan on stopping by Orwell over the weekend for a few casts. I will post a report if I do.

Fished the Red about 4-5 times this spring for walleyes mostly by the Oxbow dam and it was S-L-O-W...... My guess is quick warm-up then cool down then rain. Spring weather not much you can do. Talked to the CO on the MN side and he said the dams in the FM area had been much better this spring than the Oxbow dam. He also commented that he thought the walleye fishing in the Oxbow area has slipped a little in the last few years. Any comments from you river rat experts? Thanks guys.

Jay

Just a quick report from Orwell. Fished the dam on Sunday night from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. There was a big crowd down at the dam. Talked to a few people said the fishing was slow for walleyes, however one guy I talked to said opening weekend they had pretty good success on the walleyes. Myself not much to report a sucker, one walleye, and a couple smallies, everything was C&R for me. Saw smallies jumping all over the place. LOts of people out having a great time and it's a great time to enjoy the dam before the mosquitoes eat you alive.

Jay R