• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well I have found it slow Scoot. I had one of my slowest trips ever the other day. Good company just a very poor bite.

The water temp took a big dive down to 53. When you do get a cat they are fatties. Lots of peckers, so they are a bit curious yet.

Some walleye action out West of FM the past 2 nights. I have been hunting bait and fisherman mostly, so I can't say I have caught many eyes since the rain.

I am thinking the sun will turn them back on, sure hope so?

Scoot, how ya been, long time. Anyway fishing in the forks is also slow. Tuesday the water temps were up to a whopping 54.5. I would sure like to see it warm up another 10 so the cats start turning on a little more then they have been. Tuesday we at least boated nine very nice and healthy cats all between one and five pounds. I'm glad I went fishing when the water was at its lowest up here, there seem to be a few more snags in the main channel this summer.

Thanks for the reports guys. Sounds like things might heat up with the warmer weather in the forecast??? Hope so.
Ed, your blank has been ordered. Sounds like it might take quite a while for this one to show up- not sure why, but Dad said it'll take a couple or a few weeks to get it in. Once it's in, he'll get something put together in a jiffy.
Good luck piggy huntin' in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll get out and fish with both of you some evening in the near future.
Scoot

Sounds great Scoot, I am sure Rod will nail it, he always does.

The cats were feeding way better tonight. Sour suckers were the deal. Once cat after another tell 12:40 or so then I called it a night.

A angler in the same area C&R a 9 lb class eye too, so things are lookig up.

Thanks again Scoot and Rod!

hey scoot does your dad cutom build them rods, I have been interested in getting a rod for using jerkbaits and I have seen some guys using ones with a weighted tip to slow down the action some. they really seem to love them but no-one seems to make such a rod commercially.
any ideas?

Yup, he makes them from scratch. If there's a blank that is made somewhere in the world, he can get it and put it together according to your every wish and desire. Give him a call: 218-891-4415. His name is Rod. If he doesn't answer his phone, it's because he's at LOW fishing- 218-634-2020. The LOW number is a better bet and he doesn't mind you calling him there. Be sure to tell him your handle on FM!
He'll definitely be able to help you with what you're looking for.
Scoot

Scoot did Rod get Lama or E-Glass blanks?

Whatever, he knows rods, he will get it right, always does. I wish the aft grip shorter on theses then a trigger stick, 8" not 10 or 12" like others.

I recon I best give him a call? He can drop me a call too in the evening, tonight would be a good one, off tonight.

Thanks bud!

Ed

I don't know exactly what he ended up with. Tough deal with ordering blanks- you never know exactly what you've ordered until you have it in your hand.
I told him to give you a call, but he said he'd given up trying. He tried a couple of weeks ago and said he only got a busy signal or your answering machine (he hates leaving messages). He's at LOW- give him a hollar at 218-634-2020.
Scoot