• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

fisherdog19

I read in the Muskie forum that you fish for muskies in the Detroit Lakes area. I don't know if you have a boat or if you are a seasoned muskie fisherman unlike myself but as I posted earlier I'd be more than happy to take someone out muskie fishing on DL for a day on the river. I had a lot of success last summer on DL as it was my first season muskie fishing. Started fishing for them late July and ended up boating 26 for the year. If anyone is interested drop me an email.
[email protected]
Fisherdog

[This message has been edited by fisherdog19 (edited 04-08-2003).]

Scoot

'Sup Dog,

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'll be around all weekend and will probably be hitting the river on Sat for a little while. I'd say sooner, but I've got a presenter coming to town who I have to babysit a little bit and I don't know if I'll get out until Sat. Wanna meet up somewhere? Give me a call at the office 231-8624 or home 476-1850.
Scott Engel

Deemo

Hey guys I will be hittin the red this weekend also. Friday and sat. Friday shouldnt be to bad as far as shore fishing goes most people are still at work. Saturday tho with this nice weather were having could be a different story. The easy to reach well known areas might be shoulder to shoulder. Were not the only ones with spring fever I fear.

I ya'll want to get together it sounds good. Scoot maybe you have a idea where to try. Might go looking at the tributaries Ed talked about a few days ago. Let me know. [email protected]

Scoot

Deemo,

I think we'll start at the ND and head elsewhere from there (if need be). I'm thinking 1:00 for a start time. Maybe see ya there?
Scoot

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 04-11-2003).]

Deemo

yup sounds good. What side of the river?

[This message has been edited by Deemo (edited 04-11-2003).]

Scoot

MN

Deemo

ok

Boar

Hey how'd you guys do? and what area of the Red were ya on?

Deemo

i went out for a bit we didnt catch jack. They kept goin i went to church. The river still isnt very good??? It will change but are we not at the right spot or not at the right time?? I would take a small box and keep moving down the rivers. They havent stacked up below the dams but they must be some where close. A mile is nothing to a walleye and if you cant catch even a fish you are in the wrong place!!! Take one rod and a small box and move till you find em. They are stageing somewhere.

Walleye often wonder this-a-way or that-a-way 15 miles (or more) in a day/night this time of year.

If your in the wrong place, odds are not too good, yup-yup.

{TIP}
Don't fish "Last years bite", this year. Two many guys/galls are doing just that right now.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

backwater_eddy.jpg

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 04-15-2003).]

hey scoot thanks for the info on saturday, I finally found the south dam today, it took awhile but atleast I know where to find it now

Shawn

------------------
The Warrior is back, and he's packin a new grill.

Scoot

Yeah, it's not as tough to find as it is to describe where it is! Did ya fish there? I have yet to wet a line there this spring.
Did you ever give Ed a call? If you're after walleyes, hurry up and give him a shout. If it's cats, the season is very soon upon us. Ed might even know more about your fly fishing for the whiskered buggers.
Good luck,
Scoot

I am not that up on flinging flys for puddy tat's, yet.

I do know the guy who is, in Canada. They work cats that can go way over 25 pounds on fly rods. I watched them in action, that really looked like a hoot Eh!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

My cat'n partner and I plan to tinker with the fly thing in 2003. I think I need a good frog fly.

wink.gif

Hi Ed and all,

I was sick for a while but getting back in the swing of things and am sure I'll meet some of you on the red.

Hey Ed, do you have to squish those frogs before you fly cast them? lol.