• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spring Conservation Season begins March 1st.

The ND Red River it is open to fishing year around.

You need to fallow the spring conservation regulations that apply to the Red River and it’s associated tributaries as agreed upon by ND & MN.

NOTE - MN have slightly differing regulations, be sure to read and understand both first.

The Spring Conservation Season begins on March 1 and runs through the first Saturday in May.

Limits on walleye or combination of or are 2 under 18" and the OPTION to keep 1 over 28".

So 3 is the potential daily limit. But if you decide not to keep a one over 28", you CAN NOT keep an additional fish less than 18" to compensate.

Catch all you want, just keep 2 eaters (under 18"). I NEVER keep the fish over 28"! We treat walleye over 28” as an ethical mandatory release, although legally you may keep one over 28” for the wall.

Northern Pike is 3 a day, 6 in possession.
No pike to exceed 27", larger then that they all go back.

Catfish is continuous and does not close.
Daily limits are the same as always for the Red River system. Five a day with only 1 to be in excess of 24".

ND & MN do differ as to what constitutes a tributary and also how far you may enter into tributaries. So make sure to note the differences. MN watches this closely.

Resident license fee- $10
Husband and wife fee- $14
Resident over 65 fee- $03

Resident disabled fee- $03
(Available at the ND office of the G&F only in Bismarck ND.)

ND Non resident licensee fee's;

Nonresident single fee- $25
Nonresident Husband & wife fee- $35
Nonresident 3 day fee $10
Nonresident 7 day fee $15

See full details at the links below.

www.dnr.state.mn.us

www.state.nd.us/gnf

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

BWGedcatlogobar.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-25-2003).]

Ed,

Is there a change on the Red River this year as far as liscencing? I was told last year by a C.O. that to fish the Red River in a boat you need to have both liscences- is that true? It doesn't seem like it makes sense to me, but I always get both liscences anyway so no biggie to me. Just wondering. It could be that because we use the ND access we were obligated to purchase a ND liscence???
Dad said he called a few times yesterday, but he got busy signals.
Scoot

If you have a current 2003 permit from either state you can fish the Red River.

Either resident or non-resident, whatever the case may be, your covered.

You can not fish one foot up into any of the MN tribs, that they will spank ya for. That is line of sight across the mouth feeding into the Red, no further inland.