• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

You may get a hoot out of this?

I gave a presentation last night in Wahpeton ND to the Red River Sportsman's Club, a kids ice fishing clinic.

At the end I did a pop quiz kinda deal. Asking questions about what I had talked about, then gave out a lure or something cool like Millennium Lures and Bass Candy soft baits from my grab bag of fishing goodies.

I had asked about 20-30 questions but I was starting to run out of good questions.

So I asked, "Ah....What is my nick name?" I had introduced myself as Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson at the beginning of the evening.

One young man, about 7 or 8, jumped up waving his hand like crazy, jumping up and down just having a cow, certain he had it pegged.

Me-Me-Me-Me!!!!!!

Ok, what's my nick name?

He said "I know...It's..."Backwater Idiot".

I said, "Well...OK, That's close enough for me" I gave him his lure..the crowd went crazy laughing.

Kids...ya got to love um Eh!

get_file.html?mid=45

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-21-2003).]

Gissert

LMAO!

Scoot

Funny stuff- sounds like the sort of thing I would have said when I was a snot-nosed little spud.

By the way, good to see you're still posting on here, Ed. I was starting to wonder if the owls got ya the other night.
Scoot

Ya, them whatever they were got closer, and closer, more of them. A heard of Hooters, and creamers, what a commotion. About 10:00 I packed it up.

Get this Scoot, until last night I had not realized I lost my favorite rod/reel combo. My Boron sumo walleye stick, the 36" custom.

OH..#$%t... frown.gif

Went back after the Sportsman's Club meeting last night and with the aid of a flashlight I spotted the reflective orange tape shinning on the rod tip.

Lucky I put it there, I think I may have missed it without it. It had fallen in the brush on the way up that hill.

Felt pretty darn happy when I located it!

Uf-Da!

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-21-2003).]

Scoot

I bet you would have been a crabby boy without it, eh? Glad you found it. When I lose stuff, I usually lose it for good. Either you're luckier or smarter (or both) than me.
Scoot

Sarge
smile.gif