• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Ok I have tried jumping across the lawn.No luck.Too slow.
I also tried an ice ant on a 16ft pole in the long grass.I can hear them in ther but as soon as I step into the grass all goes quiet.
So how do you catch a frog?Do you need the special powers of youth?I have cought frogs when I was younger.Why is it they are so darn hard to get now.Is there an easier location to try to target them?

Milkdud

Try your local golf course around the water hazards and get a butterfly net and some waders!

Ahhhh....grasshopper....your quest for the frog....a worthy adversary.

First you must learn to move with the footfalls of a fox...and the eyes of the owl.....and the ears of a snoopy wife.

Seek not where the frog is but where he will be next. Step heavy like the mighty sumo and the frogs shall flee and in his flight he will be yours.

Go now grasshopper...fill your bucket and rejoice.

wink.gif

How are them SUMO hoppers working for ya boyz?

Have you needed to restock the "Hopper Hosienda" yet?

I have been hammering the cats and eye's on them, stand-up jigs mostly. It's a blast.

Ya know where you caught that nice eye Fishhead, that has been a very hot area this week.

I bet you could find the same type crittr's on the same type areas in your neck of the woods too Eh?

wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

musky hunter

In my youth I caught hundreds of frogs. A real frogger expert taught me this method. While I can't remember catching a frog since I was a teenager, here's the method as best as I remember it:

1) get in front of the frog.

2) "hyptonize" the frog by moving you're hand in a circular fashion gradually getting closer and closer.

3) Quickly snatch him up when you're hand gets within 10-12" of the frog.

4) If this method doesn't work with you're reflexes, teach it to a 14 year old and turn him loose for you.

DARK30

Ed,
I'm still in the Chub/Sucker mode for Cats but fishhead and Canopy Sam used a bunch of frogs last Tuesday night but I didn't hear yet how they did.

Of the ones we brought back...I let a few go in the garden to make whoopie with the ones that already live there....(Future Stock).

I didn't know but....You can't use a frog over 6"....Looks like I'm a criminal!

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

I fished for cats a couple times with them and didn't have much luck.Tuesday I got one cat on a frog and that was it.We were kind of limited since we were fishing from shore.I targeted an area of the MN River where the swamps are very close to the river and the channel cats are still prefering cut bait.I did manage to get two smaller cats on frogs.Maybee we are just a little behind down here.
Since our little lesson in frog stomping I have found some very good areas for catching frogs.There isn't quite as many as your hot spot but plenty to be had.I consider myself a good frogger now!

Thanks for the post card ED.LOL