• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well guys I fished tonight on the Red just north of the North dam (12th Ave N) on the minnesota side. I must say it kinda sucked, tried a few different combinations for about 2 hours and didnt catch anything, only lost about 4 of thoses gomatsu octopus circle hooks. What the heck ill try again later this week, maybe a new location.
Shawn

BBQ,

Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to chat off-line about the other spot you referred to. Do you have a boat? I think you mentioned before you didn't, but I can point you in a direction, if that would be helpful.
Also, a better source of info. than me is Backwater Eddy. Ask and he'll have an answer.
Scoot

BBQ look for some large snag piles down river in the days to come.

Cut goldeye or suckers fished above the snags and out in the channel off the leed side of the snag will prove to be a good bet.

The MN side of the north dam is a snaggy bugger to fish from shore for cats. If you fish the North dam try the ND side down from the dam behind the snag piles to the North.

Good fish'n,

ED

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Ed,

Life's getting back to normal for me after my wife's surgery. What does next week look like for you? I can sneak out on Tues. or Thurs. next week- do either of those days work for you?
Scoot

Yeah I have a 14 foot crestliner, but I need to find info for my 1963 Evinrude 18 horse, had a screw come out of the carb and now its been nothing but headaches, i think the screw held in a check valve or a needle/seat combo so it just dumps gas everywhere. So for a while ill be fishin from shore until i can find a manual/parts. Figured I might try the south dam or up by the georgetown bridge, or possible mbj park up in north moorhead.

Shawn

well guys i spoke too soon, played in the garage for an hour or so and got my old motor running pretty good now. MAybe Ill try to take the boat out on the river one of theese days when i get the guts to do it. I dont have alot to spend so i try to play it safe and not do any unecisary damage to my boat
smile.gif
Shawn

Sorry Scoot, I am booked tell friday next week, and this week is set aside for my kids and I. We will need to look farther down the line I guess?

SOMEDAY......we will get this to work?

smile.gif

Ed

Hey, better that you're busy booking trips than off goofing around with me! We'll get out in the semi-near future and when we do the cats better look out.
Scott

Scoot, you want to fish get up here I'll take you out. Just email me before noon so I can clear it with the boss.

Kent,

I won't be up that way until about Father's Day weekend (and I'm not sure if I'll be there then or not.) When I do get up there, your phone will be a ringin'.
Scoot