• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished the a feeder creek and a couple of snag piles for a little more than an hour this evening after the gusher. It took quite a while to catch cutbait, but when we finally did we managed three cats- 12.8, 5, and 3. It was an incredible night on the water and we saw lots of ducks, beavers, deer, and turkeys. A couple beers and some good conversation with a buddy- awesome.
Looks like I won't be back on the water for a little while so I'm glad I got to enjoy tonight.
Good luck to all who get out to fish. For the rest of us who don't fish over the next week or two, we'll be thinking of you on the water and being extremely jealous!
Scoot

Fished with what bait I could 6" suckers, I cut the last third off of them. Can't wait to get the hog suckers. Only caught five cats all between 22 and 24 inches. Kids were maken to much noise in the boat. Couldn't catch any cutbait since I couldn't get any worms in town. Hopeing for warmer weather, then the true hogs will begin to show up more often.

• 2 weeks later...

I fished the Red tonight and it was tough going. We only managed one catfish and tried about a half a dozen spots. We talked with three other boats and no one we spoke to did well yesterday. The water was surprisingly dirty- that doesn't typically bode well for us when we fish for piscatos.

We got checked by a pair of wardens on the Red tonight. I've never been checked on the water while fishing the Red. It was good to see them out there. They made a quick stop to make sure we were minding our p's and q's and then were on their merry way. They were quite polite and did a good job.
It's too early for the cats to be spawning, so I guess I'll chalk up not catching fish to the stars, the moon, bad luck... Something other than operator failure.
Scoot

Scoot. I was out last night from the Convent landing and found fishing to be slow also. We fished our hotspots and had 6 rods out (three of us were in the boat) and only ended up with three cats. Water temp was 67 degrees so doubt cats are spawning but as slow as it was, I am beginning to wonder if they are spawning. It may have been that the cats could sense the cold front coming through and that gave them a case of "lockjaw". Bruce