• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Frozen Goldeye Works Great for Cats!

ATA Boy Bruce!

We were on the same wavelength today, frozen goldeye and some frosty frogs.

My clients from today seen you on the River yesterday. They didn't do as well in that area yesterday but we made up for it today. A lot of peckers but the nicer cats hit the bait well.

Catch ya on the river Bruce!

Ed

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Bruce

My son and I fished north of the Johnson Park landing yesterday. The catfishing was great. We caught at least one catfih at every spot we anchored the boat to fish.

We used frozen goldeye cutbait, fresh sucker cutbait, and shrimp for bait. The frozen goldeye seemed to be the best of the three.

I had never tried frozen goldeye cutbait before, but was very impressed with how well it worked.

I used a "Food Saver" system to vacuum seal the goldeye for freezing. It also helps to have a folded over paper towel section about 4 layers thick and 3 inches wide above the fish in the bag . By doing this, any moisture that is sucked from the fish during the vacuum sealing process will lodge in the paper towel rather being sucked to the end of the bag making it hard to get a good seal on the bag. I froze the goldeye whole and then steaked them into pieces one inch wide while stll frozen. These strips stayed on the #6 gamakatsu circle hooks well and the cats seemed to like it too!

Get out there and catch some cats, they are hungry and ready to eat!!! Bruce

Bruce

The cats had a bad case of "lockjaw" yesterday! I fished all my good spots south of town from the Convent Landing to the Wild Rice River and only ended up catching 4 cats. We got a lot of nibbles but the cats didn't seem very interested in helping us activate the clickers on our reels! We need some more nice days to warm the water to get those cats in the feeding mode. Bruce