• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

limitedout

the family is going shopping in fargo
thusly i'm going cattin'.
are there any ramps north of johnson park
in moorhead towards Halstad?
appreciate the help

Nothing that is considered a ramp up that way until you get up by Georgetown, and that is not really a ramp, very bad access.

I have a good friend who lives up that way and he puts in at MB Johnson Park and runs North 23 miles to his place because there are no ramps closer.

If you have a smaller lightweight boat, and are up for some work and mud, you can try to get in near the new bridge at Georgetown?

Access points for boats are very limited on the Red once you get away from the main cities.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Scoot

Isn't there a ramp in Halstad or Hendrum? I think Halstad has a ramp near the bridge, but I'm not sure. I believe Fred has commented on this ramp before- but maybe I'm dreaming the whole thing up!
Scoot

Nope Scott, your not dreaming, it is called a ramp, but it is a mess.

I have not seen it this season yet but it was very close to danderous last season so I didn't mention it Scott.

With the water up some it may be usable? But be very carefull and be sure to have your motor up high when putting in.

Maybe it isn't that bad this year? If it is in better shape or has been worked on clue me in too guys?

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 05-16-2002).]

limitedout

thanks for the help, I guess i will keep putting in at MB park. I put in my 690
Ranger and fish usually south of the access.
Apparently it must navigable to north as well.
Is this the case that direction? Thanks. Jim

Scoot

Yep, that's the direction I usually go. I typically head up around the golf course area. Here's a couple of good spots up there for me for both day and night bites. However, I have at times had good luck going to the south as well. When you get down to it, there's great fishing either way from any ramp on the Red, you just have to find the fish!
Ed, get your vehicle fixed yet? I'm still ready to go when you are. Do you think it'll be get better next week with some warmer weather?
Scoot

Scoot

Let's do some checking back on Mon. of next week. I'm thinking that maybe Wed. or Thurs. of next week might work for me, what about you? I'll probably be land-locked until early afternoon on both of those days, but if the weather will cooperate, that'll give us some good time on the water still.
Scoot

limitedout

Hey scoot thanks for the heads up!
maybe we can hook up sometime crack a cold
one string up a water dog and reel in some cats! I can relax on the red as I guide all the time on Leech. I don't guide on the red I leave that to the pro's. I also can't convince anyone over here to go cattin'. I get real tired of walleye muskie all the time. Cats are just plain cool.
P.s. I also own a cigar shop so I will bring the stogies for that 20 pounder. I f you get this way let me know maybe we can go work on some fish in this area. Any help with cats I sure will help over here with eyes or bass or muskies. I am going to red lake tommorrow! May the cats be with you.

Scoot

Ed,

I run my wife out to the airport at 4:15 on Thurday, but could meet up with you after that- interested?
Scoot

Scoot

Friday is out for me- I'm heading up to LOW for the weekend. How does next week sound? Maybe Wed?
Scoot