• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am heading out in this rain to catch some cats for a fish fry. how many of you guys fish when the water levels rise rapidly because of rain. my goal is to find a run off area and catch them looking for a free meal. as of now i have vissions of large numbers of cats sitting in these areas with their mouths open waiting for my bait. any one got other ideas to fish this type of weather.

I will let you know if my vissions are true

thanks, Gregg

Well, I did venture out in the rain. I put in at the north moorhead park and fished a few snags up stream without a bite fo 2 hrs. I finnaly found a good run off/drainage/crick. you could see the silt in the water going down stream along the bank. I would say the water was 3 shades browner than the main river water. we set up and really got ito the cats. we fished for about 2.5 hrs and caght about 20 with 10 nice eaters. once they started coming into the bait it seemed to bring in more and more. What i dont know is if it was the crick, or if all the cats were just working the banks looking for food. maybe we could have fished close to the bank anywhere and done well. we did catch one that went 12 lbs. next time its cut bait instead of dip bait those biguns make the day

I cant wait to feed my MN boyz walleye(cat) at our opener fish fri, I might tell them after they eat a few helpings.