• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Not sure yet?

Wacky weather is of no help at all. If so, it will be at points South of you and I Scoot. If you’re up for a short road trip, we may be on some eyes from shore this weekend? Hit and miss yet at best?

Sunday sounds better then Saturday for weather so far, who knows?

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

Not long after my last post I started getting sick. I've spent a bunch of the past few hours "chuckin'". What fun. If I don't feel better it looks like I might be stuck sitting inside doing nothing (I suck at doing nothing- I hate it.)
Scoot

Scoot do you remember the last place we chatted in person? Think now?

I have started to get some 16-23" walleye there. Not a bunch, but a few. I had only 1 in the keeper range the rest were in the toss back range.

Remember only 2 under 18" a day now if you go. (I will be watching close to make sure folks fallow the spring conservation slot laws too. As will the boys in green with the long eyes.)

I did my best of Bombers in green and white. Jigs sure should work if a guy has some nice fat fatheads to tip them with. I didn't have any live bait on hand when I tested the spot out.

Maybe see ya there tonight?

BE.............><,,>

Ed,

I didn't see your post until now otherwise I'd have been down there with you. Sounds like maybe it's time to start banging the shorelines looking for some eyes- yeeeeha!
Actually, I don't know if I'll be able to get down there for a while. I'm doing the in-law/parents thing over the next couple of days, then I'll hunt snows on Mon, work Tues and Wed., then it's up to the Rainy to give the spring run a shot.
I hope I can get a boat in up North- I've got a buddy coming from Wis. and another one coming from Ariz. who are both regulars up there with me. Both have been reading internet reports on the ice and we're all skeptical, yet hopeful, about getting a boat in. I guess we'll just have to wait and see and be hopeful.
Thanks for the report. I'll be down there as soon as I can be. As for the limits and size restrictions- I'm not one to worry about. I put 'em all back in the Red (no, I don't think there's anything wrong with them, I just love to catch 'em). I can't wait to get down there and give it a shot.
Scoot

You didn't miss too dang much tonight Scoot.

A few 12-13" eyes and they were real touchy to hook.

Bring on the sun, more sun = more fun I think?

I will be headed South this weekend, may be better down that way?

See ya on the muddy banks soon.