• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know the current temp of the river in Fargo? I did a little checking and it's still got to be pretty chilly. Still plenty of ice just below the dams which is a sure sign that it hasn't warmed much at all (if any).
I've finally had enough ice fishing and I'm really ready for the soft-water season. Ice fishing is fun, but for me, it doesn't compare to fishing in a boat or from shore. How long 'til I can do either or both? I'm chompin' at the bit, big time.
Scoot

It's cool yet, we need a bit of sun and flow to get things running on the dams.

Keep testing the prime areas, pike will show soon, then suckers, then walleye, then SM bass & cats.

We need to see water temps in the high 30's & low 40's before much will shake loose.

Hurry up and wait, just like the rest of us Scoot.

wink.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

well my fishing buddy and I hit grand forks today. to check the red as well as hit cabelas. no extra cash to buy the needed things for fishing, but had to check the water out.
we noticed open water just above the dam by the golf course and almost all the way downstream to the north landing. was a little suprised, but definitely happy.
have never seen the water that low below the dam. a whole lot of large rock on either side. great holes for large fish to hold up in, but could cost alot of fishers tackle. i guess this is a risk we take when we fish.
sure hope i remember the layout i saw when i can actually wet a line.
Monty