• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Keith Kavajecz to speak at FM Walleyes on Thursday the 17th"

"Keith Kavajecz to speak at FM Walleyes on Thursday the 17th"

Legendary angler, Keith Kavajecz will be the guest speaker at the Thursday, January 17th meeting of FM Walleyes Unlimited, Inc.

This meeting is being held at the Red River Inn in Moorhead, MN.

Doors open at 6:30 with the meeting starting around 7:00.

The meeting is open to the public "FREE" of charge so bring some friends.

We are asking those who attend to bring a non-perishable food item donation for the food bank.

Contact info with any questions:

[email protected]

<,,>< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ><,,>

The FMWU meetings are a great time!

The FMWU Club is a great walleye club to check out and join if your a serious walleye hunter.

Backwater Eddy........><,,>

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

It was a great seminar. A well done power point presentation that flowed smoothly from one topic to the next. Very pro-active Q&A after each segment so all questions were answered if you spoke up.

Keith does a great job explaining the intricate details of a presentation without just hawking sponsor products. When a product is named it is because it is essential to make things work to your advantage.

Great guy, we chatted river tactics for a while, seams he heard somewhere there may be a sumo piggy or two in the Red River.

smile.gif

FM Walleyes Unlimited should be commended for another great meeting and guest speaker. They have several kids events planed yet this year and a ice fishing tournament. The club is a active club and in my opinion one of the best around the region.

Great meeting.

You should have been there.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

Coool, I wish we had some kinda club thing like that happening up this way. Let me ask you something, do you know anything about Star lake, my stepbrother lives in Fargo and has a cabin there. Says it's about an hour and a half or so from Fargo? He wants me to come down there to do some icefishing. I know nothing at all of this lake and he's never icefished so it sounds like a challenge!!! Any thing you can tell me? What forum would this lake perhaps be on?

Thanks...Fisky

Fisky,

Star is a great lake with nice crappies, walleye, and slough-sharks in it. However, I know very little about it other than to say I've fished there a few times and caught a few fish.
The Detroit Lakes and the Ottertail forum might have info about Star in them. If you figure something out about that lake remember who refered you to those forums and share the wealth, man!
Scoot

Thanks CD

As I said my stepbrother who owns the cabin down there has never icefished. He bought the place last spring and has told me of some nice crappies he caught that spring, and a 25" wally he got off his dock casting at nite. I am gonna make it down there as I've been bugging him for the last few winters to come up to LOW and icefish with me, but he still has'nt! I appreciate your info and will post the same questions on the threads you mentioned. When I get back from down there I will pass on the How's, When's and Where's of our success or failure, for sure!

Best regards....Fisky